iPhones are one of the most popular smartphones for everyday use. They’re handy and intuitive, especially when making phone calls. However, some iPhone users have wondered how to go back further in call history iPhone.
Access to a phone’s call history is essential for most users. This guide will show you how to find call history in iPhone and the steps to recover iPhone call history.
Read on to know more.
Table of Contents
How to Find Call History on iPhone
After participating in a call, it will be logged into your iPhone’s call history. To be exact, your iPhone device can log the last 100 most recent calls. It includes calls made through the Phone app and other instant messaging apps, like Messenger, Viber, Telegram, etc.
There are two main methods to view your iPhone device’s call history:
Method #1: Via the Phone App
The most common and recommended way to view the call history on your iPhone is through the Phone app. It’s a pre-installed app that you can use to view your contacts and voicemail, make calls, and check your recent call logs.
To view your call history via the Phone app, follow these steps:
- Switch on your iPhone and tap the Phone app icon on the bottom bar.
- Select Recents on the bottom menu bar. You can now see the last 100 made and received calls on your iPhone. You can also tap the Missed tab to sort the call log to missed calls only.
- To view more information about a call, tap the (i) button on the right of your desired call.
Method #2: Using the Phone Carrier’s Website
Another way to view your iPhone’s call history is via your carrier’s website. Once your carrier supports this feature, you’ll have access to call logs associated with your number for an extended period.
To view your call history via the AT&T website, follow the steps below:
- Open your phone or computer’s default browser and visit AT&T’s official site.
- Log in using your account credentials and click Sign In.
- Navigate to Phone Features > Call History. You will now have access to the call history associated with your AT&T number. This can also be downloaded in PDF, XLS, and other supported file formats.
How to Recover iPhone Call History
As mentioned earlier, you’ll only have access to the last 100 most recent calls on your iPhone. However, you can also see old and deleted call logs by restoring your iPhone’s iCloud backup. Take note that this will replace your phone’s current data with the backed-up data from your iCloud.
To recover your iPhone call history via your iCloud backup, proceed to these steps:
- Turn on your iPhone and navigate to Settings > General.
- Select Reset and tap Erase All Content and Settings. Follow the on-screen steps shown to finish the reset process.
- On the App & Data screen, select Restore from iCloud Backup. You may be required to sign in to your iCloud account.
- Once logged in, select an iCloud backup from the list—ideally, where your desired iPhone call history is located.
But, if you don’t want to delete your iPhone’s current data while accessing lost call history, you can use a third-party data recovery tool like iFindit. However, it’s important to remember that all third-party apps will require a subscription to fully access their features, like data recovery.
Also, it’s not guaranteed that the app will recover all call history, especially when the data was deleted or lost after a long time.
One of the essential features of your iPhone is its ability to track call history. It can track up to 100 of the most recent calls made from the Phone app and other instant messaging apps on your device. To go back further in your iPhone call history, you can access your phone carrier’s website, your iCloud backup, or use a third-party data recovery software tool.
Hopefully, this guide helps you access your iPhone call history and recover old call logs.