Snapchat is a great social media platform for socializing and creating connections online. Besides letting you send private messages and calls, it allows you to share photos and videos—called snaps. However, some Snapchat users have asked how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing.
Taking a screenshot on Snapchat is sometimes necessary, especially when you want to take note of a conversation or a snap. This guide will show you some workarounds that will let you take a Snapchat screenshot without the other user knowing.
Table of Contents
How to Take a Snapchat Screenshot Without Them Knowing
Typically, when you take a screenshot of your conversation or a snap of another user on Snapchat, you will both be notified. This is due to the app’s various privacy policies often required in some countries.
However, if you still want to take a screenshot on Snapchat without letting the other user know, here are some workarounds you can try.
Method #1: Using Google Assistant (Android)
One of the ways that you can try when taking a screenshot on Snapchat without triggering a notification is using Google Assistant. It’s a built-in feature on most Android phones and can take screenshots using its voice command function.
To take a screenshot on Snapchat using Google Assistant, follow these steps:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your phone and go to the conversation where you want to take a screenshot.
- To activate Google Assistant, press and hold the Home button on your phone or say the voice command, “Hey Google.”
- Then, say “take screenshot” or “capture screenshot.”
- Once the screenshot is taken, you can share them in your Google Drive folder or a folder on your smartphone.
Method #2: Using the Screen Recorder Feature (Android & iOS)
If you’re using a newer Android or iOS device, it will most likely come with a screen recording feature. This allows you to take recordings on various apps on your phone, including Snapchat conversations. Then, you can take a screenshot of some parts of the clip afterward.
To access the screen recorder feature on Android, swipe from the top of the screen down to open the notifications panel. Then, tap the Screen Record icon while scrolling through your desired Snapchat conversation. If you cannot find this feature on the notifications panel, here are the steps to add it:
- Tap the Edit button on the left side of the notification panel and find the Screen Record option.
- Drag its icon to add it to the list of features on the panel.
To access the Screen Recorder feature on iOS, swipe from the bottom to open the Control Center. Then, tap the Record icon to start recording. If you cannot find it on the Control Center, here’s how you can add it:
- Go to Settings > Control Center and find the Screen Recording option below the More Controls section.
- Tap the Plus icon on the left to add it to the Control Center.
Method #3: Record Your Phone Using Your PC (Android & iOS)
If taking a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing doesn’t work while using your smartphone, you can use third-party screen recording applications on your laptop or computer. Here are some apps that you can use to screen-record your phone:
QuickTime Player (Mac and iOS)
QuickTime is an app on Mac computers that you can use to create screen recordings of your smartphone while connected. To do this method, follow the steps below:
- Turn on your Mac device and connect your iPhone using a lightning USB cable.
- Launch the QuickTime Player and choose New Movie Recording.
- Next, choose your iPhone and select Record.
- Navigate to your desired Snapchat conversation. To take a screenshot, press Command + Shift + 4 and adjust the area you want to include in the screenshot.
ApowerMirror (Android/iOS & Windows/Mac)
ApowerMirror is a third-party screen mirroring app available for iOS and Android devices. While your smartphone is connected to your computer, you can navigate to your desired app where you want to take a screenshot.
To use ApowerMirror to take a screenshot on Snapchat without triggering a notification, proceed to these steps:
- Connect your smartphone and computer to the same WiFi network.
- Then, download the ApowerMirror app on your phone. It’s available for free on the Google Play Store and App Store.
- Launch the app and tap the LocalCast button. Select your computer from the list of devices connected to the WiFi network.
- Next, if you’re using an Android device, tap Start Now. Your screen will be recorded on your computer shortly.
- If you’re using an iOS device, launch the Control Center and tap Screen Mirroring. Select the device named “Apowersoft” to start recording your iPhone’s screen on your computer.
Method #4: Clear Cache and Storage (Android & iOS)
While this method is quite risky compared to the other methods above; however, you won’t be required to use other third-party apps, and it can be successfully done once you follow the steps carefully. Also, you’ll be required to log in to Snapchat again after this method since you’ll be clearing the app cache.
To take a screenshot on Snapchat without letting the other user know using this method, follow these steps:
- Launch Snapchat and go to the Snapchat conversation where you want to take a screenshot.
- Next, open the notification panel and enable Airplane Mode.
- Begin to take a screenshot of your desired snap. Then, force stop Snapchat by going to Settings > Apps and Notifications > Snapchat and tapping Force Stop.
- Then, go to Storage > Clear Cache.
- Once you’re logged out from Snapchat, disable Airplane Mode and log in to your Snapchat account.
- Open Snapchat and go to your desired Snapchat conversation.
- Swipe from the bottom up to launch the Control Center and enable Airplane Mode.
- Begin taking screenshots of your desired snap and close the app shortly by double tapping the Home button and swiping up Snapchat from the list of open apps.
- Next, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and tap Snapchat. Choose Offload App.
- Disable Airplane Mode and try logging in back into your Snapchat account.
Taking a screenshot on Snapchat is restricted due to privacy rules set by the app. Once you take a screenshot, the other user in your conversation will be automatically notified. Hence, this guide hopefully helps you to take screenshots on Snapchat without them knowing by following the methods above.