The Amazon Echo Dot is a voice-controlled smart speaker developed and sold by Amazon. One of the essential steps when setting it up is pairing it to the Alexa app on your smartphone. However, Alexa users have asked how to put Echo Dot in pairing mode.
Putting your Echo Dot into pairing mode helps your smartphone scan your device seamlessly. This guide will show you the steps to put Echo Dot pairing mode and how to connect Echo Dot to Bluetooth. Read this guide to know more.
Table of Contents
How to Put Your Echo Dot in Pairing Mode
Method #1: Using the Alexa App
When wondering how to put Echo Dot in setup mode, one of the first things you must do is put it in pairing mode. It helps by letting other devices scan your Echo Dot via Bluetooth.
To set up your Echo Dot for the first time and put it in pairing mode via the Alexa app, follow these steps:
- Download the Alexa app and install it on your smartphone. It’s available for free on the Google Play Store and the App Store.
- Connect the power adapter of your Echo Dot and switch it on. You will now see a blue ring on its LED indicator and hear an “Alexa” greeting.
- On your phone, launch the Alexa app and log in to your Amazon account.
- Select your Echo Dot device on the app and tap Update WiFi. At the same time, press and hold the Action button on your Echo Dot device for seven seconds.
- Choose your WiFi network and enter its password. Your Echo Dot will soon be connected to WiFi.
- To set it to pairing mode, go to the Settings tab of the Alexa app and tap your Echo Dot device. Make sure that the Bluetooth feature on your phone is switched on.
- Select Bluetooth > Pair a New Device. This will now set your Echo Dot to pairing mode.
- Select your Echo Dot device from the list of Bluetooth devices. Once paired, Alexa will say a confirmation message.
Method #2: Using the Amazon Alexa Website
What if you want to put your Echo Dot in pairing mode and only have your laptop or computer with you? Fortunately, you can also set up your Echo Dot via your account on the web version of Amazon Alexa.
To put your Echo Dot in pairing mode via the Amazon Alexa website and to pair it to your computer, proceed to these steps:
- Switch on your computer and visit the official Amazon Alexa website using your computer’s browser.
- Enter your Amazon account login credentials and click Sign In.
- With your Echo Dot plugged into a power source and switched on, go to Settings and select your Echo Dot from the list of nearby devices.
- Press and hold the Action button on your Echo Dot for seven seconds. Then, connect it to WiFi.
- Next, go back to the Settings page and select Bluetooth. Ensure that the Bluetooth feature on your computer is enabled.
- Choose Pair a New Device. Your Echo Dot will now be in pairing mode.
- Select your Echo Dot device from the list of Bluetooth devices to pair it to your computer.
Setting up your Amazon Echo Dot is essential to help you access most of its features and functions. However, you’ll need to put it in pairing mode to link it to your smartphone or computer via Bluetooth. Hence, this guide hopefully helps you with the steps for setting your Amazon Echo Dot in pairing mode via the Alexa app and the Amazon Alexa website.