Apple Music is one of the best music streaming apps today. As of 2022, it hosts 100 million songs, which users can access using a valid Apple Music subscription. However, some Firestick users are curious about how to install Apple Music on Firestick.
Apple Music on Fire TV is a great way to access various trending songs and create playlists on your Firestick device. This guide will show you simple steps to get Apple Music Fire Stick. Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
How to Get Apple Music on Firestick
Unfortunately, there’s no direct way to access Apple Music on Fire TV since there’s no Apple Music app on Fire TV. However, you can use the Apple Music skill for Alexa as a workaround to stream music on your Firestick device via Apple Music. This means you’ll only access Apple Music using the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet.
Note: You can also use this workaround for Amazon Music via the Amazon Music skill.
To get Apple Music on Firestick, follow these steps:
- Launch the Alexa app on your phone and ensure it’s already linked to your Firestick device.
- Log in to your Amazon account and choose More > Skills & Games.
- Select the Search icon and enter Apple Music.
- Choose its icon in the search results and select Enable.
- Next, go to Settings > Link Account and enter the Apple ID and password associated with your Apple Music subscription. Follow the on-screen steps to log in successfully.
- Then, tap Allow. You can now utilize Alexa to stream Apple Music on your Fire Stick device.
How to Play Apple Music on Firestick
Once you’re signed in to your Apple Music account on your Firestick device and have the skill enabled, you can play songs on your Fire Stick via Apple Music. To do this, proceed to these steps:
- Turn on your smart TV and ensure your Firestick device is plugged in.
- Navigate to the correct HDMI input. Once on the home menu, press and hold the Microphone button on the Fire Stick remote.
- Then, say, “Alexa, play Apple Music.” You can also say voice commands like “Alexa, play [genre] on Apple Music” or “Alexa, play [song name] on Apple Music,” to be more specific.
- Your Firestick will now start playing songs from Apple Music. Use your Fire TV remote to pause, play, or skip songs.
- To return to the Fire TV home screen, select the Return button on the remote.
Streaming Apple Music is one of our recommendations for How to Listen to Music on a Plane.
How to Set Apple Music as the Default Music Player on Firestick
After successfully setting up Apple Music, you can also set it as your Firestick device’s default or preferred music player. To do this via the Alexa app on your smartphone, proceed to the steps below:
- Once you’ve linked Apple Music on your device, the “Choose a default Music Service?” window should appear.
- Tap Visit Music Settings and tap Default Services.
- Select the Change button across the “Music” and “Artist and Genre Stations” groups. Change it to Apple Music.
- Your Firestick will now stream songs from Apple Music by default.
If you’re actively using your Apple Music subscription on your iOS devices, you might be interested in using it on your Firestick device. While there isn’t an Apple Music app on the Amazon App Store yet, you can listen to songs and playlists using the Apple Music skill on the Alexa app.
Hopefully, this guide helps you to get Apple Music on Firestick and stream various songs using the app. If the steps above don’t work, contact Amazon Customer Service for more help.