If you’ve been using your Apple Watch and have noticed that the screen is getting smaller and smaller, don’t worry, you’re not going crazy. There’s an easy fix for when your Apple Watch keeps zooming in. Keep reading to discover how to zoom out and restore your watch’s original size.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Causes Apple Watch To Zoom In?
- 2 How To Zoom Out Apple Watch
- 3 Controlling Zoom Settings
- 4 Does the Digital Crown Cause My Apple Watch To Zoom In?
- 5 Reset Your Apple Watch If Changing Settings Doesn’t Help
- 6 Contact Apple Support If You’re Still Having Trouble
- 7 Conclusion
What Causes Apple Watch To Zoom In?
Your Apple Watch zooming in usually happens when the “Zoom” setting is enabled. The good news is that it’s easy to turn it off and fix it in seconds.
You may want to know how to zoom out on Apple Watch – here’s how.
What is the Zoom Setting on Apple Watch?
Apple Watch has a Zoom setting that allows you to magnify your screen if it’s too small to read. The Zoom setting is helpful if you need help reading small text, but not great if you accidentally turn it on.
How To Zoom Out Apple Watch
There are multiple ways to get your Apple Watch back to normal when it keeps zooming in. Here are your options to try.
1. Change Your Zoom Settings In The Accessibility Menu
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Go to Accessibility -> Zoom, then disable the Zoom setting.
Your watch should no longer randomly zoom in once you’ve changed the Zoom setting.
2. Change Your Zoom Settings From Your iPhone
If you have the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, you can use it to disable Zoom. The companion app is helpful when your watch keeps zooming in, so you can’t read the settings pages. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, tap Accessibility, then tap Zoom.
3. Use The Accessibility Shortcut To Change Apple Watch Zoom
You can set up the accessibility shortcut on your Apple Watch Digital Crown to control Zoom. To turn off the accessibility shortcut, go to Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut, then turn off Zoom.
Controlling Zoom Settings
If you don’t want to turn off Zoom on your Apple Watch, you can learn to use it, so it’s not constantly zooming in and out when you don’t want it to. Here’s how you use it.
How To Use Zoom On Apple Watch
- Zoom in or out: Double-tap the Apple Watch display with two fingers.
- Move around (pan): Drag two fingers on the Apple Watch screen. You can also turn the Digital Crown to pan over the entire page, left-right and up-down. The small Zoom button shows you where you are on the page.
- Adjust magnification: Double-tap and hold with two fingers, then drag your fingers up or down on the display. Tap the plus or minus button on the Maximum Zoom Level slider to limit magnification.
Does the Digital Crown Cause My Apple Watch To Zoom In?
If you don’t want it to zoom in and you keep hitting your digital crown by accident, be sure you turn off your zoom settings by going to Settings -> Accessibility -> Zoom and disabling Zoom.
Reset Your Apple Watch If Changing Settings Doesn’t Help
Your first step to zoom out your Apple Watch should be to go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Zoom and turn off the Zoom setting. You can also change the zoom setting from your connected iPhone. If that still doesn’t work, you can try a factory reset.
How To Factory Reset Your Apple Watch: Method 1
Here’s how to factory reset your Apple Watch if changing your zoom settings didn’t work.
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Go to General > Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings, then enter your passcode.
How To Factory Reset Your Apple Watch: Method 2
The second way to reset your watch is to open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, go to General > Reset, then tap Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings.
If you need to remember your passcode and need help opening your Apple Watch to erase it, put your Apple Watch on its charger, then press and hold the side button until the sliders appear. Press and hold the Digital Crown, then tap Reset.
Contact Apple Support If You’re Still Having Trouble
If your Apple Watch is zooming in and adjusting the accessibility settings or resetting your Apple Watch didn’t solve the problem, it’s time to contact Apple. Here’s how:
How To Contact Apple Support for Apple Watch Zooming In
Hopefully, you’ve solved the problem already in accessibility settings and can zoom out on your watch. If not, Apple’s support program can help you with your Apple Watch that keeps zooming in.
You can get support for Apple Watch zoom problems at the Apple Support page. All you need to do is tell them your issue, and they’ll connect you with product help.
If you’re having trouble with the Apple Watch zoom feature, don’t fret – there are a few simple steps you can take to fix the problem. First, open the Settings app on your watch and scroll down to Accessibility. From here, you can turn off the Zoom feature or adjust its settings.
You can also change your Apple Watch Zoom settings from your connected Apple Watch iPhone app.
If this doesn’t work, try long-pressing on the screen and selecting Zoom from the menu that appears. By following these steps, you should be able to get your Apple Watch working correctly again in no time!