HBO Max is a subscription video-on-demand service owned by Warner Bros. Discovery. It was launched in May 2020 and contains libraries of HBO, Warner Bros., and other related networks. As of the moment, it’s only exclusive to countries such as the United States, Europe, and Latin America.
However, you might wonder if can you cast HBO Max on your smart TV or Chromecast. This guide will show you ways to cast HBO Max on popular streaming devices. Read this guide to learn more.
Table of Contents
How to Cast HBO Max on Smart TV Using Chromecast and Smartphone
To cast HBO Max Chromecast, ensure that the Chromecast device is connected properly to the smart TV and connect them to the same wireless network. Then, follow the steps below:
- Download the HBO Max app on your smartphone. It’s available on both iOS and Android.
- Turn on your smart TV and make sure that your smart TV is on the same input channel as Chromecast.
- Choose a TV show or movie to watch.
- Tap the Cast button on the top-right corner of your smartphone and select the Chromecast device that’s connected to your TV.
- Content from your phone will now be cast to your smart TV.
How to Cast HBO Max on Smart TV using Chromecast and Computer
If you’re wondering how to cast HBO Max to TV using Chromecast and your computer, you’ll need to first connect your computer and Chromecast device on the same WiFi. Then, ensure that the Chrome browser is updated to its latest version.
To update Chrome, follow these steps:
- Launch Chrome on your computer and click More on the top-right of your screen.
- Go to Help > About Chrome and check if the latest updates are already installed. If not, click Update Google Chrome and wait for the update to finish.
- Then, reboot Chrome. It should now be updated to its latest version.
To cast HBO Max on your smart TV using Chromecast and your computer, follow the steps below:
- Open Chrome and navigate to HBO Max. Sign in to your account.
- Change your TV’s input channel that your Chromecast is on.
- Choose your desired movie or TV show.
- Select the Cast button on the extensions bar in the top-right corner of Chrome. If it’s not visible, click More and select Cast from the options.
- Select your Chromecast device from the list of available casting devices.
- Your selected movie or TV show will now show up on your smart TV.
How to Cast HBO Max to Vizio Smart TV
Casting HBO Max to a Vizio smart TV follows the same process as casting HBO Max to another smart TV brand. First, ensure that your Vizio TV is connected to a stable WiFi network. Then, follow these steps:
- Press the V button on the Vizio remote and navigate to Connected TV Store > All Apps.
- Find and select HBO Max from the list of apps. Download it to your Vizio TV.
- Once installed, go to your Vizio TV’s SmartCast input, and in SmartCast Home, select HBO Max from the list of apps.
- Login to your HBO Max account. You can now watch content from HBO Max using your Vizio smart TV.
How to Cast HBO Max to Smart TV Using Roku and Smartphone
To cast HBO Max to your Roku streaming device, ensure that it’s connected to your smart TV and they’re connected to the same wireless network. Then, proceed to these steps:
- Open the HBO Max app on your smartphone and log in to your account.
- Then, find a show or movie to watch.
- Turn on your smart TV and ensure that the Roku device is connected.
- Tap the Cast button on the top-right corner of your smartphone’s screen.
- Select your Roku device from the list of casting devices.
- Accept the pairing request on the Roku streaming device.
- You can now watch HBO Max content on Roku.
How to Cast HBO Max to Smart TV Using iPhone via AirPlay
One popular way to cast content from your iPhone to any smart TV is through AirPlay. Ensure that your iPhone and smart TV are connected to the same WiFi and that the HBO Max app is downloaded on your iPhone.
To cast HBO Max on your smart TV using your iPhone via AirPlay, do the following:
- Turn on your smart TV and navigate to its Settings. Make sure that AirPlay is enabled.
- Launch HBO Max on your iPhone and log in to your account.
- Select your desired movie or TV show.
- Tap the AirPlay icon on the top-right corner of the screen and select your smart TV as an AirPlay device.
- You can now watch HBO Max on your smart TV via AirPlay.
Users have reported that the app sometimes becomes unresponsive. We have written a short guide on what to do if HBO Max keeps freezing and also Why is HBO Max So Slow? If you have other problems, then it is best to get in touch with HBO Max support.
HBO Max has a wide range of content, mostly libraries from HBO and Warner Bros. and exclusive shows. Although HBO Max is only limited to the US, Europe, Latin America, and a few locations, some users have always wondered how to cast HBO Max on their smart TV.
Hopefully, this article helps you to cast HBO Max content from your smartphone or computer to a smart TV and other popular streaming devices.