DoorDash is one of the most popular food ordering and delivery platforms in the United States. It’s supported by more than 250,000 merchants and currently boasts one million couriers, or “Dashers.” Its app is very user-friendly, but some customers have asked how to cancel DoorDash Pass.
Having a DoorDash Pass (DashPass) is a great way to make the most out of your food deliveries on the app, but it can be expensive. This guide will explain what goes into a DoorDash Pass subscription and the steps to cancel it.
Table of Contents
What is DoorDash Pass (DashPass)?
DashPass is a subscription service that gives you unlimited deliveries from eligible merchants. Besides eliminating delivery fees, DashPass members receive the following perks:
- 10% reduced service fees on all eligible orders.
- Get 5% back in DoorDash credits on eligible orders.
- No delivery fees and a 10% discount on service fee charges on qualified convenience and grocery items ordered through the DoorDash app.
All new DashPass users are eligible for a one-month free trial to test the service. A regular subscription costs $9.99/month and can be canceled anytime.
How to Cancel DoorDash Pass on App
If you’re an active DashPass subscriber and want to end your membership, you can easily do this via the DoorDash app on your smartphone.
To cancel DashPass on the DoorDash app, follow these steps:
- Launch the DoorDash app on your smartphone and log in to your account.
- Navigate to Account > Subscription and tap Cancel Subscription.
- Tap Yes, Cancel to confirm. Your DashPass membership will be terminated shortly.
Note: To cancel your DashPass free trial, select the Cancel Trial button under the Subscription section. You won’t be charged as long as you end your trial before it expires.
How to Cancel DoorDash Pass on the Website
If you’re having trouble cancelling your DashPass subscription on the app or simply can’t access the app, you can also cancel DashPass via DoorDash’s official website.
To process your DoorDash Pass cancellation on their website, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer and launch your web browser.
- Visit DoorDash’s official website and sign in to your account.
- Select the Menu icon on the top-right corner of the screen and click DashPass.
- Choose End Subscription. Your DashPass membership will be cancelled.
DashPass is an excellent subscription service for users who want unlimited free deliveries from eligible merchants. It also gives you a discount on service fees for suitable orders. However, if you’re not making the most out of your membership, it might be better to cancel your DashPass subscription.
Hopefully, this guide helps you cancel your Doordash Pass subscription via the app or the DoorDash website. If you still have issues cancelling your DashPass membership, try contacting DoorDash Support for further help.