JLab earbuds are premium wireless earbuds that offer impeccable audio quality. In addition, they include multiple features that enhance the user experience. If you are looking for earbuds within an affordable price range and great quality, JLab proves to be an excellent choice.
If you have made a recent JLab earbud purchase, you will need to pair them with your Bluetooth device before using them. If you cannot decipher the instructions from the manual included with the earbuds, we are here to provide help.
Table of Contents
Connecting Jlab Earbuds: Enable Pairing Mode
Before connecting the earbuds with any device, you need to put the earbuds in pairing mode. Pairing mode enables the earbuds to be discoverable on different devices and also disconnects them from any devices priorly paired with the earbuds. The process has some differences based on whether you have the True wireless earbuds or the JLab earbuds.
The True wireless earbuds are entirely wireless, while the wireless earbuds have a wire connecting the earpieces. The following steps can enable the respective pairing modes.
Method#1: Enable Pairing Mode for True Wireless Earbuds
- Take the earbuds out of their charging case and find the stickers on the backside of each bud.
- After peeling off the stickers, you will find the power button and touch sensor.
- Press down on both of the power buttons. The left bud will emanate a white light, while the right bud will show a blinking blue and white light.
- From the Bluetooth menu of your device, locate the option for JLab earbuds and select it.
- Both buds will now display white light, indicating that the earbuds have been connected to the device.
Method#2: Enable Pairing Mode for JLab Wireless Earbuds
If you have the Wireless JLab earbuds, the following directions will put them in pairing mode.
- Toggle the Bluetooth option on your device of choice.
- The earbuds have an Up and Down button, with a power button in the middle. Hold the power button for ten seconds.
- Check if an alternate red and blue light blinks under the Down button. This indicates that the process has been successful.
- Select the JLab wireless buds from the Bluetooth menu on your device.
- The earbuds will now connect to the device, and the light will steadily blink blue.
We have a similar article which explains Aftershokz pairing mode.
How to Connect JLab Earbuds With Different Devices
The JLab earbuds follow a different process to connect to devices based on the device itself. A step-by-step guide is provided for different categories to help you navigate the process.
Method #1: Pairing with An Android Device
- Locate the Settings icon on your android device.
- Go to Connected Devices and select Bluetooth. You can also access the Bluetooth button by sliding your finger downwards on the Home Screen and selecting the Bluetooth widget.
- Toggle the Bluetooth button on. A list of devices you can pair in the vicinity will show up.
- Click on the JLab earbuds and wait a few seconds for them to connect. Your earbuds will now be successfully connected to your android device.
Method #2: Pairing with an iPhone
The process is similar to pairing with an android device.
- Locate the Settings icon (indicated by a gear or cog) on your iPhone.
- Go to Bluetooth. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Select your JLab earbuds and wait a few seconds for them to connect. Your earbuds will then pair successfully.
Method #3: Pairing with Devices Using Windows
Microsoft made the process of enabling Bluetooth on Windows very easy. The process is listed below.
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the screen. It is represented by a Windows icon.
- From the pop-up menu, select Settings.
- Go to Devices and click on Bluetooth and Other Devices. Then, toggle the Bluetooth slider on.
- Check if the earbuds are connected to your Windows device.
If you cannot locate the Bluetooth option, type it in the search bar, and the option will show up. Next, click on Bluetooth and repeat the above-mentioned steps to ensure the connection.
Method #4: Pairing with Mac Devices
Connecting to a Mac is different from pairing the earbuds with an iPhone. The process is as follows:
- Select the Apple Menu from the top left corner of your screen.
- Locate System Preferences, and click on Bluetooth. Toggle it on.
- Choose your JLab earbuds. Wait a few seconds and then see if they are connected.
- Next, play your audio or video.
Method #5: Pairing with Smart TVs
Connecting your earbuds to televisions seems daunting, but the steps below will simplify it for you. They are categorized based on the brand you own.
- Locate the Settings menu and click on it.
- Locate Sound and then select Sound Output. This option is generally available in multiple brand models.
- If you have a Samsung television, go to General and select Accessibility. Next, click on the Multi-Output Audio option.
- If you have an LG television, go to LG Sound Sync and choose Bluetooth.
- If you have an Apple television, go to Remotes and Devices and select Bluetooth.
- Connect your JLab earbuds to each device respectively. A tick sign will appear, indicating a successful connection.
Troubleshooting Techniques in Case of Problems
The process to connect your JLab earbuds is broken down above, but sometimes the outcome does not occur even after repeatedly connecting the device. The problem could either be with the device or your earbuds. If you face an issue like this, go through the following methods to troubleshoot the connection.
Method#1: Restart both devices
Turn off your earbuds and Bluetooth from the pairing device. Switch them back on after 30 seconds, and pair the two devices again. If there is a software glitch, this step will resolve it.
Method#2: Disconnect Previously Connected Devices
You will not be able to connect your JLab earbuds to a device if they are already connected to another device. Select Disconnect or remove the device from all devices before ensuring a connection with a new device. Then, reconnect and check if the pairing has occurred.
Method#3: Charge Your Earbuds
If the earbuds are out of power, they will not connect to any device. Instead, place the earbuds in their charging case and remove them when fully charged. The light indicator indicates that the earbuds will stop charging automatically when they are at maximum capacity.
Method#4: Reset the Earbuds
Select the Forget option on your Bluetooth device and place the earbuds back in their case. Tap the left earbud seven times rapidly until it blinks blue three times. Repeat the process with the right earbud. Take both earbuds out; one should flash white, and the other should blink white and blue. This indicates that they have been reset.
if you would like more information on resetting headphones, we have an an article how to reset Beats Solo 3, which has a section on resetting any pair of bluetooth headphones.
Method#5: Contact JLab Support
If none of the aforementioned methods work, consider approaching JLab Support. The support section has a list of pre-answered questions to help with concerns. If the problem still needs to be resolved after you follow the instructions, you can email their support staff. All inquiries are answered within 24-48 hours.
Connecting JLab earbuds is a reasonably straightforward process, but it varies from device to device. If you cannot connect the earbuds, we hope this guide has helped you navigate the process smoothly. After the connection is made, you can enjoy your audio and videos without interruption.