Sharp has been one of the most trusted TV brands for a while now. They typically have displays with excellent color quality and depth. Most Sharp TVs also have pre-loaded apps, like Netflix, YouTube TV, Amazon Prime Video, and other streaming apps.
However, what if you want to add more Sharp smart TV apps on your Sharp TV? In this guide, we’ll show you how to download apps on Sharp smart TV using easy-to-do methods. Read on to know more.
Table of Contents
Downloading Apps on Sharp Smart TV and Other TV Platforms
To use smart TVs fully, you’ll need to download apps on top of its free channels. Fortunately, you can easily download smart apps on your Sharp TV if you have access to a stable wireless connection. Below are some methods you can try to download apps on your Sharp TV and other TV platforms.
Method #1: Via the VEWD App Store
The VEWD App Store (formerly known as the Opera TV App Store) is preinstalled on various smart TV brands, including Sharp TVs. It’s a cloud-based app where you can download smart apps without taking up internal space on your smart TV since it’s stored on your cloud. You can also choose from various free and paid apps on VEWD.
To add smart TV apps on your Sharp TV via the VEWD App Store, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Sharp smart TV and navigate to the Apps section.
- Launch the VEWD App Store. You can use various categories on the main menu to help find your desired app. You can also use the Search function and type in the app’s name.
- Select the app icon and press the OK button on your Sharp remote. The app will now be downloaded and installed on your smart TV.
Method #2: Via the Roku Channel Store
If you’re using a Sharp Roku TV, you can download your favorite apps or channels through the Roku Channel Store. It’s the main app store for all Roku devices and smart TVs that use the Roku platform.
To download an app on your Sharp Roku TV via the Roku Channel Store, proceed to these steps:
- Switch on your Sharp Roku TV and press the Home button on the remote.
- Navigate to the Roku Channel Store and search for your desired app or channel.
- Once found, select its icon and choose Add Channel. Wait for it to be added to your Roku home screen.
Method #3: Via the Google Play Store
Another popular platform of Sharp TVs is the Sharp Android TV. It has the same quality and durability as other Sharp TV models, only with an Android platform. You’ll access various apps compatible with your Sharp Android TV through the Google Play Store.
To download apps on your Sharp Android TV via the Google Play Store, do the following:
- Turn on your Sharp Android TV and navigate to the Apps tab.
- Select the Google Play Store and choose the Search icon.
- Enter the name of your desired app and select its app icon.
- Choose Install to download and add it to your smart TV.
- Once successfully installed, it will be available on your Sharp TV’s list of apps.
Sharp smart TVs are a reputable brand due to their superb picture quality and app support. Besides the pre-loaded apps on your smart TV, you can download more apps depending on the platform of your Sharp TV.
Hopefully, this guide helps you to download apps on Sharp smart TV. Remember to connect your smart TV to a stable Wi-Fi to download an app successfully.