Facebook is a social media site where you can share your thoughts with friends and strangers. Contents such as photos, videos, and your thoughts can be shared through posts. When your created post is unfinished or interrupted, however, it will be saved as a draft.
Many users have wondered where Facebook saved drafts are located or asked, “where are my drafts on Facebook?”. In this guide, we’ll show you how to find drafts on Facebook when using it on various platforms—PC, iPhone, and Android devices.
Read this guide to know more.
Table of Contents
How Do I Find My Drafts on Facebook?
Saved drafts are located depending on the platform that you’re using. Below, we’ll go over cases where having a drafted post is possible and how you can retrieve it. In some cases, however, drafts are immediately deleted once a post is unfinished or interrupted due to external factors.
One of the most used features when sharing photos, videos, thoughts, and much more is through your Facebook profile. Unfortunately, draft posts from your profile cannot be retrieved unless you didn’t close your computer’s browser. If the browser or your computer crashes, unfinished posts cannot be saved as a draft and are irretrievable.
- Visit Facebook’s official website and log in to your account.
- Navigate to the Pages tab and select the page where you want to find your saved drafts.
- Extend the Meta Business Suite option and select Publishing Tools.
- Select the Drafts tab. All of your saved drafts will be listed on the screen.
- Choose your desired draft and finish editing it.
- Besides saving your draft, you can choose between Publish Now and Schedule Post if you want to schedule your post at a specific time.
On Android Devices
- Download the Meta Business Suite app from the Google Play Store.
- Next, open the Facebook app on your Android smartphone and select the Menu (hamburger menu) icon.
- Select the Posts & Stories button (between the Home and Add Post buttons).
- Tap the drop-down arrow and set it to Drafts. Saved drafts will now be listed on the screen.
- After editing a selected draft, tap the Options (three vertical dots) icon across the name of the post. You can choose to Publish Post, Schedule Post, and Delete Post.
To view a drafted post from your profile, you’ll first need to receive a notification from Facebook moments after your post was saved. To view your saved drafts on the Facebook app, follow these steps:
Note: All saved drafts will be automatically discarded after three days. So, edit them as soon as possible.
- Open the Facebook app and sign in to your account.
- Go to the Notifications tab and select the notification about a saved draft.
- Tap the Back button on the top-right corner of the screen.
- You will now see all your saved drafts, from the most recent to the oldest.
On an iPhone
- Open the App Store and find the Meta Business Suite app.
- Select its app icon and choose Get to download it.
- Next, launch the Facebook app on your iPhone and log in to your account.
- Choose the Menu (hamburger icon) button and select Pages.
- Go to the Posts & Stories tab and select the drop-down arrow. Choose Drafts.
- After editing a draft, tap the three vertical dots icon across the name of the saved draft and choose between Edit, Publish Now, Schedule, and Delete.
You can only choose to see the latest saved draft on your Facebook profile—this means that older drafts will be automatically discarded. To view your saved draft on a profile post in the Facebook iOS app, open the app and tap the What’s On Your Mind? section in the Home tab.
When you’re interrupted while making a post on your Facebook profile or page, it can still be saved as drafts. Most of the time, you can still access them by following the steps above and depending on your device. Hopefully, this guide helps you to find your saved drafts on Facebook for various devices.