Snapchat became popular due to its ease of use and fun features. One metric that tracks your activity on Snapchat is the Snap score. It’s based on the number of Snaps you send or receive from other Snapchatters.
However, some Snapchat users have asked how to hide Snap score due to privacy issues. This guide will show you whether it’s possible or not to hide Snap score and the methods to do this on your Snapchat account.
Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
Can You Hide Your Snap Score?
Yes. It’s certainly possible to hide your Snap score on Snapchat. You can do this by either hiding it from strangers via Visibility Settings or unfriending someone.
In a nutshell, Snap scores measure your activity in the app. One snap point is added when you send a snap, and another point when you’ve received one. However, Snapchat stories don’t equate to any snap points.
By default, Snap points can be viewed publicly, which means anyone, including stalkers and other suspicious users, can see them. So, hiding your Snap score is better, especially when you’re active on the platform.
Note: if you want to stay hidden, we also have a guide on How to Screenshot on Snapchat Without Them Knowing.
How to Hide Snap Score From Other Users
If you’re wondering, “Can I hide my Snap score?” Here are some steps you can follow on your Snapchat account. Remember to review each method and check which one is the most effective for you:
Method #1: Via the Visibility Settings
One quick way to hide your Snap score and other details on your Snapchat profile is via the Visibility Settings. It’s a built-in feature on the Snapchat app and can be accessed by following these steps:
- Launch Snapchat on your smartphone and log in to your account.
- Go to your profile page by tapping the Profile icon in the top-left corner.
- Select the Settings (gear icon) on the top-right corner of the screen and select Contact Me under the Who Can… section.
- Change it from Everyone to My Friends. Your Snap score will only be available to users on your friends’ list.
Method #2: Unfriend or Block Your Friend on Snapchat
If you want to hide your Snap score from your friend on Snapchat, you can decide to either unfriend or block them from the platform. This way, they won’t have access to your profile details.
To unfriend or block a user on Snapchat, follow the steps below:
- Open Snapchat on your phone and log in using your account credentials.
- Select the Profile icon on the top-right corner of the screen and choose My Friends below the Friends group.
- Find the friend that you want to unfriend or block from your account.
- Long-press their icon and select More from the options.
- Choose Remove Friend if you’re going to unfriend that user. If you’re going to block them, tap Block.
The Snap score is an excellent measure of someone’s activity on Snapchat. By default, it will be publicly shown on your Snapchat profile beside your username. However, you might want to hide your Snap score from unknown or suspicious users on the platform.
Hopefully, this guide helps you know more about how to hide your Snap score on Snapchat.