Snapchat is one of the best instant messaging apps where you can connect with others in a fun way. You can also send and receive snaps to other users; once enough snaps are shared between two Snapchatters, they will have a snapstreak. However, some users have asked how to open a snap without them knowing.
There are rare instances where you want to open a snap secretly, especially for users you don’t really know yet. This guide will show you different ways to open a snap without them knowing. Read this guide to learn more.
Table of Contents
How to Open a Snap Without Them Knowing
Typically, opening a snap on Snapchat will immediately notify its sender. For instance, if a user has sent you a snap on the app and you’ve opened it, the user will know this via a notification message and vice versa.
However, there are a few tricks that you can try to bypass this feature set by Snapchat. Remember to review the methods below and check which one you think is the most effective:
Method #1: Open a Snap Secretly Using Airplane Mode
Notifications from Snapchat are quickly sent once you’re online. However, you can try viewing someone’s snap offline via Airplane Mode. While this method might work, it’s still considered risky; hence, you’ll need to know the proper steps and do them in the correct way.
To open a snap secretly using Airplane Mode, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat on your smartphone and launch Snapchat.
- Go to Chats and find the conversation that contains the Snap you want to open secretly.
- Enable Airplane Mode on your phone. You can find this feature on the notifications panel (Android) or the control center (iOS).
- Once enabled, select that conversation and view the snap without them knowing.
- Next, press the Home button on your phone and navigate to Settings > Apps.
- Find Snapchat and tap Clear Cache. Afterward, close Snapchat.
- For iOS users, you can immediately uninstall Snapchat by long-pressing its app icon on the home screen and tapping Remove App.
- Next, re-install Snapchat and log in to your account.
Method #2: Open a Snap Without Them Knowing Using a Third-Party App
Another way to open a snap without them knowing is by using a third-party application. Also known as spy apps, these tools work by letting you view information on apps without triggering a notification to the other user; hence, you can use them on Snapchat to view snaps secretly.
Apps like Cocospy (available on Android & iOS) and mSpy (available on iOS only) are great options for this method. However, doing your research before trying any spy app on your phone is highly recommended, especially when it asks for unnecessary permissions.
Some spy apps can also steal sensitive information and get your account banned. So, think twice before logging in to your Snapchat account via these apps.
Exchanging snaps on Snapchat is one of the most common activities on the app. It helps you know more about that user and increases your snapstreak once done on a daily basis. However, viewing a snap will notify the other user by default.
Hopefully, this guide helps you know more about opening a snap without them knowing.