Among the newest and most well-known virtual reality (VR) headsets today is the Oculus Quest 2. You can play various games, use apps, and stream content in a VR setting. However, some of its new users have asked how to pair Oculus Quest 2 to phone.
Pairing Oculus Quest 2 with your smartphone can be challenging, especially when using it for the first time. This guide will show you the Oculus Quest 2 pairing process to your phone and what to do when Oculus Quest 2 not pairing to phone.
Read on to know more.
How to Pair Oculus Quest 2 to Your Phone
To pair Oculus Quest 2 to your phone, you’ll need to download the Meta Quest app and create your own Meta account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download the Meta Quest app and install it on your phone. It’s available on the Google Play Store and App Store for free.
- Create your Meta and Meta Horizon account. Follow the on-screen steps to complete the account creation process.
Once you’ve downloaded the app and set up your account, you can proceed to the Oculus pairing steps. To pair your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset to your smartphone, proceed to the steps below:
- Switch on your smartphone and enable its Bluetooth feature.
- Turn on your Oculus Meta Quest 2 headset and hold it close to your smartphone.
- Ensure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Press the Oculus button on your touch controller to open the Toolbar.
- Choose the Quick Launch Menu and go to Settings.
- Select System > About and take note of your device’s Pairing Code.
- Launch the Meta Quest app and sign in to your account.
- Go to Menu > Devices and choose Pair New Headset.
- Select Quest 2 and enter your Quest 2 headset’s pairing code.
- Your Oculus Quest 2 headset will now begin pairing with your smartphone.
Tips When Oculus Quest 2 is Not Pairing to Phone
When having trouble pairing your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset to your smartphone, try following these tips to solve your pairing issue:
- Before pairing, ensure your Oculus Quest 2 headset has enough power to turn on its Bluetooth and pair to other devices. If not, charge it fully and follow the pairing steps above.
- Connect your Oculus Quest 2 headset and smartphone to the same wireless network.
- Once your Quest 2 is already synced to your Meta account, try logging out of your account and logging back in again. If you still have app issues, try re-installing the Meta Quest app on your phone.
- When pairing, ensure your Quest 2 headset is near your phone. Avoid obstructions and other objects disrupting the Bluetooth signal between these devices.
Getting your Oculus Quest 2 paired to your smartphone is a great way to stream and play VR-ready apps on your phone. However, it can be hard to pair both devices, especially when you’re doing it for the first time. Hopefully, this guide helps you know the steps when pairing your Oculus Quest 2 to your phone.
If you still have pairing issues, try contacting Meta Support for further help.