One of the latest virtual reality (VR) headsets today is the Oculus Quest 2. Users can use it as a standalone headset or with Oculus-compatible VR software on a PC. A common issue users have asked for help with is how to reset Oculus PIN codes.
An Oculus PIN code is requested every time you purchase a game in the Oculus Quest Store using your Oculus VR headset. This guide will show you how to reset your Oculus PIN in the event you forget it.
Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
What is an Oculus PIN?
When downloading an app from the Oculus Quest Store, you’ll be prompted to input your four-digit Oculus PIN code. It’s configured during the initial setup of your headset and is used to verify your identity. If your account is synced with other Meta Quest devices, they will use the same PIN.
Methods to Reset Oculus PIN
If you forgot your Oculus PIN, you can reset it in three ways. While these methods may vary, they will all work to reset the PIN code of your account. Remember to review each method and see which one works best for your Oculus Quest device:
Method #1: Reset Oculus PIN via the Oculus Website
The most secure way recommended to reset your Oculus PIN is through the Oculus official website via the Profile Settings page. To reset your Oculus PIN on the Oculus website, follow these steps:
Important: The email associated with your Meta account must be active since your PIN Reset link will be sent to your inbox.
- Switch on your computer and launch its default browser app.
- Open your Meta account through the Oculus’ official site.
- Select Security from the left pane and choose PIN.
- Click Edit and select Forgot PIN? under the Current PIN field.
- Choose Request PIN Reset. Open your email account and locate the PIN reset email from Oculus.Note: If you don’t see the email in your Inbox folder, try checking your email’s Spam folder.
- Click the link attached to the email to reset your PIN.
- In the new window, type your new PIN and choose Save. Your Oculus PIN will now be updated.
Method #2: Reset Oculus PIN via the Game Purchase Screen
Another way to reset your Oculus PIN is through the Oculus App Store’s game purchase screen. This is similar to the previous method, only you will reset the PIN directly on the Oculus App Store’s official page.
To reset your Oculus PIN via the game purchase screen, follow the steps below:
- Open the browser on your computer and visit the Oculus App Store.
- Select a random game on the page and click on the Price button.
- Choose Forgot PIN? below the Enter PIN text.
- Input your new Oculus PIN together with your account password. Click Submit.
- Your Oculus PIN will now be changed.
Method #3: Reset Oculus PIN via the Oculus PC App
If you’re using your Oculus Quest VR headset for your PC, you probably have the Oculus PC software installed. You can use this app to reset your PIN.
However, this is only recommended for users with an Oculus PC app installed. Use the other methods above if you don’t have this on your computer.
To reset your Oculus PIN via the Oculus PC app, follow the steps below:
- Open the Oculus PC software on your computer.
- Go to Settings > Account and click Oculus PIN.
- Enter your new PIN and input your account password in the field below it. Select Submit.
- Check the inbox of the email address linked to your Meta account.
- Input the six-digit verification code in the email from Oculus and click Submit.
- Your Oculus PIN will now be reset.
When purchasing a game through the Oculus Quest Store, you’ll need to enter your Oculus PIN to verify your identity for security purposes. However, it’s possible to forget your PIN, especially when you haven’t used it for a while. Hopefully, this guide has shown you how to reset the Oculus PIN on your VR headset.
If these methods were ineffective, contact Meta Support for further assistance.