Comcast’s Xfinity cable box is one of the most popular cable TV services in the United States. It gives you access to various channels, including pay-per-View and on-demand programming. But, some Xfinity users have asked how to reset Xfinity cable box.
Resetting your Xfinity cable box is a crucial step to troubleshooting Xfinity cable box when it has issues. This guide will show you how to fix the Xfinity cable box not working problem and the steps to reset Xfinity cable box.
Read on to know more.
Table of Contents
Resetting vs Restarting Your Xfinity Cable Box
When you’re experiencing issues with your Xfinity cable box, there are two ways to potentially solve this: restarting or resetting the device. Both can help fix most errors on your cable box but are entirely different from one another.
Restarting your Xfinity cable box is a quick way to refresh the device’s internal components. Compared to a reset, a simple restart will not cause harm to your stored data, which means it won’t delete all the saved channels, programs, and customizations on your cable box.
On the other hand, resetting your device requires you to revert it to its factory state. It deletes all stored data and puts all settings and configurations to their defaults. Resetting your Xfinity cable box may wipe your recorded programs and broadcasts.
If you are experiencing a remote problem instead, such as an issue where your Xfinity remote won’t change channels, we have a dedicated guide to troubleshooting this.
How to Reboot Xfinity Cable Box
A quick reboot fixes most minor bugs and glitches on your device. To reboot your Xfinity cable box, you can choose between three methods:
Method #1: Reboot via the Power Button
The first thing you can do when your Xfinity cable box is not working is to reboot it using its Power button. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Locate the Power button on your Xfinity cable box. Typically, it’s located at the front of the device.
- With your cable box switched on, press and hold the Power button for ten seconds. The device will automatically restart.
Method #2: Power Cycle Your Xfinity Cable Box
Another restart method that you can try is power cycling. This works by re-initializing the device’s internal components by draining its stored power. To power cycle your Xfinity cable box, follow these steps:
- Turn off your Xfinity cable box and unplug its power cable from the socket.
- Wait for one minute to drain the power.
- Next, plug the power cable back in and switch on your cable box by pressing the Power button.
Method #3: Restart Your Xfinity Cable Box via the Help Menu
You can restart your Xfinity cable box using the Help Menu. It allows you to reboot your device without unplugging its power cable. Make sure that your Xfinity remote control is working before doing this method.
To restart your Xfinity cable box using the Help menu, proceed to these steps:
- Turn on your Xfinity cable box and press the A button on the remote. This will launch the Help Menu.
- Choose Restart and press the OK button. Select Restart again to confirm.
- Your cable box will now restart.
Method #4: Restart Using Your Xfinity Online Account
If your Xfinity online account is already set up, you can restart your connected devices, including your Xfinity cable box. You can access your account via your computer or phone’s browser.
To restart your Xfinity cable box via your Xfinity online account, do the following:
- Visit Xfinity’s official website and log in to your account.
- Go to Account > Support and choose TV & Streaming.
- Select Troubleshoot and click Continue. Ensure that your Xfinity cable box is switched on in this step.
- After the system scan is finished, choose Restart a Single TV Box and select your Xfinity cable box on the TV Box selection screen.
- Select Restart Device. The restart process will take up to five minutes to complete.
How to Factory Reset Xfinity Cable Box
If various restarting methods don’t fix your Xfinity cable box, you can try resetting it to its factory default. This deletes your saved recordings and DVR data and resets all configurations to their defaults. There are two main ways to factory reset your Xfinity cable box:
Method #1: Factory Reset Your Cable Box via Settings
To factory reset your Xfinity cable box via the User Settings option, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power button on your Xfinity cable box. Ensure it’s booting up, indicated by the green blinking lights on the LED indicator.
- Simultaneously press the Power and Menu keys on the remote to open the User Settings menu.
- Select Restore Defaults and press the OK button to confirm.
Method #2: Reset Using the Xfinity My Account App
Once it’s downloaded and installed on your phone, proceed to the steps below to reset your Xfinity cable box via the app:
- Launch the app and select TV.
- Choose your Xfinity cable box device and select Troubleshoot > Continue.
- Select System Refresh. This will factory reset your Xfinity cable box and can take up to 20 minutes to finish.
Comcast’s Xfinity cable box is one great way to stream various on-demand, pay-per-view, and cable TV content in your home. However, it’s possible to experience problems with your cable box device, such as bugs, missing channels, and audio issues.
Hopefully, this guide helps you to reset your Xfinity cable box using various methods. If these fixes were ineffective, try contacting Xfinity Support for more help.