Instagram is a social media platform that’s known for its various trends. One of those trends is reverse audio, which, as its name suggests, involves putting an Instagram audio file or song in reverse for a Reel or Story. As such, many users have wondered how to reverse audio on Instagram.
Adopting various trends like reversing Instagram audio or videos can help entertain your audience and boost your follower count on the platform.
However, Instagram doesn’t have a built-in reverse audio feature yet. This guide will provide different workarounds for reversing Instagram audio.
Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
Methods to Reverse Audio on Instagram
Since Instagram doesn’t yet offer reverse audio capabilities, you’ll need to use third-party tools like Audacity, InShot, and Ezgif. However, you might need to download the Instagram video first (assuming you’ve uploaded it on your profile). If you have the video stored on your device, skip this step.
To download an Instagram video using iGram.io, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and navigate to your desired video.
- Tap the More icon (three vertical dots) in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Choose Link from the options. The link for the Instagram video will be copied to your phone’s clipboard.
- Go to iGram.io’s official website and paste the link. Choose Download.
- The Instagram video will be downloaded to your device.
Once you have the Instagram video on your device, you can proceed with reversing its audio via the following methods.
Method #1: Reverse Video Using InShot
InShot is one of the most popular options for quick video editing. The app is free for both Android and iOS devices. However, this reverses both the audio and video on your selected file.
To reverse a video on InShot, follow the steps below:
- Download the InShot app for free on the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Once installed on your device, open the app and tap Video > New.
- Choose the video file on your device that you want to edit.
- Scroll through the video editing options and tap Reverse.
- Once the editing process is done, hit the Save button to save the video on your device.
Method #2: Reverse Audio via Audacity
Another way to reverse audio on Instagram is by using Audacity. It’s a free, open-source audio tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux. To reverse the audio you want to use in your Instagram video, proceed to these steps:
- Open your computer and launch its default browser.
- Visit Audacity’s official website and download the app version compatible with your computer’s OS.
- Launch the installer and follow the on-screen prompts to install the app.
- Open the app and go to File > Open.
- Select the .mp3 file you want to reverse the audio of.
- Press the Ctrl + A (Windows) or Command + A (Mac) keys to select all audio. If you only want to reverse some audio sections, select those sections.
- Choose the Effects menu and click Reverse.
- The audio on the selected file will now be reversed.
Method #3: Reverse Video with Ezgif
Besides being an editing tool for GIFs, you can use Ezgif to reverse audio files. (It will also reverse the video at the same time.) You can also use it directly on your browser, which is a valuable feature if you have limited space on your computer or smartphone.
To reverse video using Ezgif:
- Open the default browser app on your computer or phone and visit Ezgif’s official site.
- Go to the Video to GIF tab and choose Reverse on the bottom tab.
- Tap the Choose File button and select the video file you want to reverse.
- Choose Upload Video. Once uploaded, tick the Reverse Sound box in the Sound Options section.
- Tap Reverse Video. Wait for the editing process to finish.
- Once it’s ready, tap the three vertical dots icon on the video and choose Download.
- The video you’ve uploaded is now reversed.
Engaging your followers is key to keeping them entertained and gaining more followers in the process. One of the Instagram trends you can produce content for is reversing audio or videos. Hopefully, this guide helped you learn how to reverse audio on Instagram using various free third-party tools.