Taking a screenshot is one of the easiest ways of saving information displayed on your Samsung laptop’s screen. It’s a quick and simple trick of capturing essential data in a photo format. Users have also asked how to screenshot on Samsung laptop.
Depending on how the info is placed, you can use different screenshot Samsung laptop methods. This guide will show you how to take screen shot on laptop using various tricks. Read on to know more.
Table of Contents
How to Screenshot on My Laptop
There are three main ways to take a screenshot on your Samsung laptop. Take note that you can follow these methods if your laptop or computer uses Windows OS. Remember to review each method and check which one you think is the most effective:
Method #1: Take a Fullscreen Screenshot
One of the most straightforward ways to take a screenshot on your laptop is through a full-screen screenshot. This captures contents displayed on the entire screen and will be saved on your computer’s clipboard. To take a fullscreen screenshot on your laptop, follow these steps:
- With your laptop switched on, navigate to the page or window with which you want to take a screenshot.
- Press the PrtScrn (Print Screen) button on the keyboard. The screenshot will now be saved on your laptop’s clipboard.
- To display the screenshot on an image editor or word processing software, press the Ctrl + V keys.
- After editing, save it to your computer in your desired file format.
Method #2: Capture a Part of Your Laptop’s Screen
Compared to the first method—which captures a fullscreen image—this workaround will let you capture a specific area of your laptop’s screen. It allows you to omit other parts of the screen which you don’t want to be included on the screenshot.
To capture only a part of your laptop’s screen, proceed to these steps:
- Navigate to the screen where you take a screenshot and press the Win + PrtScrn keys.
- Once you hear a click sound, the screenshot is now saved on the clipboard.
- Go to your preferred image editor app and paste the screenshot.
- Once you’re done editing, save it with your desired image format.
Method #3: Using the Windows Snipping Tool
The Windows Snipping Tool is an all-in-one app that you can use to capture screenshots on your laptop or computer. Since the Windows 7 update, this app has been built-in and readily available for various users. There are four main ways to take a screenshot using this app: Active window, Full-screen, Rectangular, or Free-form.
To take a screenshot on your laptop using the Windows Snipping Tool, do the following:
- Click on the Search bar located in the taskbar and type in snipping tool.
- Select its app icon to launch. On Windows 10, you can press Win + Shift + S to open the app.
- Next, choose the screenshot mode you want and press the New button to take your screenshot. Also, you can select the Delay button to set a slight delay before your screenshot is captured.
- Follow the on-screen steps, and choose Save or Ctrl + S to save the screenshot on your computer.
One of the most efficient ways to capture information on your laptop is by taking screenshots. Once saved, it can be easily shared in an image format. However, some users have wondered how to take screenshot on Samsung laptop.
Hopefully, this guide helps you know how to take screenshots on your laptop.