Vizio TV is a cult-favourite smart TV due to its incredible features and easy-to-use technology. The quality and performance are unbeatable. In addition, it has a nifty little remote that lets you easily and quickly control your TV.
What if you lose your handy little remote, though? Or what if it’s broken? Does that mean you cannot access your Vizio TV? Not at all! It’s easy to turn on your Vizio Tv, even without its remote. We’ve rounded up some easy and useful ways in case you want to turn on your Vizio TV without access to the remote.
Table of Contents
Can You Turn On Vizio Tv Without Remote?
Yes, the Vizio TV can be turned on by its built-in buttons or by connecting it to external devices, such as any gaming console. All these methods are straightforward to understand and implement. Choose your preferred method and follow the steps.
How To Turn On Vizio TV Without Remote
Can’t access your Vizio TV remote? Don’t fret. Here are a few efficient and easy ways to turn on your Vizio TV without using its remote.
Method #1: Using the Power Button
If you’ve lost the remote of your Vizio TV and it isn’t connected to wifi, a simple and quick way to turn it on is just to use the power button. The steps are pretty straightforward and self-explanatory.
- Find the Power button on your Vizio TV.
- The power button is at the top right corner, while the on/off button can be found at the top left corner of the Vizio TV.
- Press the power button as well as the on/off button simultaneously.
- Hold for about 3 seconds.
- Your TV will turn on immediately. No remote is needed.
- You can also use the built-in TV buttons to change the volume, switch channels, open menu settings and more.
Method #2: Using the Vizio Smartcast app
- Download the Vizio Smartcast app from the AppStore of your phone.
- Once installed, open the app and tap Set up.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish the setup.
- You’ll need to pair the app if you’ve never used it. Select Add Device.
- Once the device has been paired, your screen will show that the TV is now connected.
- Select Control. Your phone screen will display several options at the bottom.
- You will now be able to see a remote control-type layout on your phone screen.
- Tap the Power button on the top right corner of the screen.
- You now have complete control over your Vizio TV via your phone. You can change channels, adjust the volume, and more.
How to use Gaming Consoles To Turn On Vizio TV
If you want other methods of turning on and controlling your Vizio TV via external devices, we’ve got you covered.
Whether you’re an avid gamer or need to use your Vizio TV to play your favorite games but can’t find the remote anywhere, you can just use your gaming console. Yes, it’s that easy. We’ve listed different methods to turn on Vizio TV with your gaming consoles.
Method #1: Using a PlayStation Console
- Use an HDMI cable to connect your PS4 to the Vizio TV.
- Turn on your PS4 and click the Home button on the PS4 remote to open settings.
- Press the Menu button on the remote.
- Go to System Settings on the left of the screen.
- Open the System menu.
- Find the option that says Enable HDMI Device Link. Make sure it is turned on.
- Once you’ve followed these steps, turn your PS4 on again.
- Your Vizio TV will automatically turn on. You can now switch to your desired settings on your TV.
Method #2: Using a Nintendo Switch
- Use the dock to connect your Nintendo Switch Console to the Vizio TV.
- Open the Home screen and go to System Settings.
- You will see several options on the left side of the screen. Select TV Settings.
- Scroll down a bit to find Match TV Power State. Turn it on.
- Put your console to sleep. Turn it on again. Your Vizio TV will turn on and switch to the proper input channel.
Use a Universal Remote
You can get a universal remote for as little as $10 and then pair it to your Vizio TV with our list of Vizio Universal Remote Codes. The remote will then control your Vizio TV just like the original remote.
Can You Connect Vizio TV to WiFi Without Remote?
You’ve followed all the steps, and your Vizio TV is now on. But what next? How do you connect the TV to WiFi and start enjoying your favorite activities on the Vizio? Surely you need a remote for that, right? Nope! Just as you easily turn your Vizio TV on without a remote, you can also connect it to WiFi without ever needing a remote.
How Do You Connect Vizio TV to WiFi Without Remote
The next step after turning your Vizio Tv on is to connect it to WiFi so you can actually start using your TV. Luckily, you don’t need a remote for this, either. Instead, you can connect it to an external device and follow our steps to enjoy the features of the TV.
Method #1: Using a USB Keyboard
- Power on your Vizio TV using any of the methods mentioned above.
- Reset the TV by holding the Volume Down and Input buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds.
- Your screen will prompt you to hold the Input button for 10 seconds. Follow the instructions.
- Wait for your TV to finish resetting. If this does not work, please read how to hard reset your Vizio TV.
- Connect your keyboard to your Vizio TV by plugging it into the USB port.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and use your keyboard to finish setting up.
- Go to the Network Setup screen.
- Type in your WiFi details, and your TV will now be connected to WiFi.
Method #2: Using an Ethernet Cable
- Find the Ethernet port on the back of your Vizio TV. If your TV doesn’t have it, use another method.
- Plug the ethernet cable into the port on your TV.
- Plus, the other end of the cable to your WiFi router.
- Turn your Vizio TV off, and then turn it on. You can use the Power button if you don’t have a remote.
- Once your TV is on, it will automatically recognize the new wired ethernet connection.
- Your Vizio TV is now connected to the internet.
Method #3: Using the Vizio Smartcast App
- Download and install the Vizio Smartcast app on your phone. You can find it in the Appstore or Google Playstore, depending on your device.
- Open the app. Launch the Search feature.
- Tap the Connection option.
- A code will be displayed on your TV screen. Type the code into your device.
- Open Settings. Go to the WiFi menu.
- Connect to your desired WiFi network and enter your details, e.g. password etc.
- Your TV will be connected to WiFi and ready to use.
As incredible as the Vizio TV is due to its many interesting features, it is also quite versatile. If you have lost or broken your TV remote, that does not mean that all hope of accessing your TV is lost.
You can use several easy and quick methods to power your Vizio TV without needing a remote. Anything will work, from using the built-in buttons to downloading an external app. Moreover, your gaming consoles also work great in powering on and controlling your Vizio TV.
If you’ve successfully managed to turn on your TV, you will obviously need to connect it to WiFi to move forward with its usage. You don’t need a remote for that, either. Connecting it to an external USB keyboard or even a plain ethernet cable can instantly connect your Vizio TV to WiFi. It really doesn’t get any better than this, right?