You cannot wait to get your latest game on the Xbox One, but your family members prefer to watch their favorite soap? Don’t have a TV or PC monitor available at home? Or maybe you want to take your Xbox One with you while you travel. I was in a similar situation myself recently and started researching how I could connect my Xbox One to my laptop screen. I found two simple ways of accomplishing this task. I have covered both of them in detail below.
Table of Contents
Connect Your Xbox One to Your Laptop Screen via HDMI Input
If you want to connect your Xbox One to a laptop screen, then your laptop must have an HDMI input. The issue with a lot of laptops is that they do have an HDMI connection, but it is usually an HDMI output. In short, this means that your laptop can transmit the image to an external monitor via the HDMI output, but no image signal can be transmitted from the outside to the laptop screen, an HDMI input is required for this purpose.
There are certainly notebooks with an HDMI input, but these are usually very expensive devices that very few people use. Nevertheless, you should check your laptop to see whether there is an HDMI input available. If you do have one available, then follow the steps below:
- Hook up your laptop and Xbox one with the HDMI input
- Access your laptop’s display settings if it does not automatically switch to mode.
- Access the “System Settings” menu on your Xbox 360 from the main menu. Configure the screen and resolution settings according to your preferences.
Stream Xbox One to Your Laptop with the Xbox App
If you do not have an HDMI input available, then you can also accomplish this task with the Xbox app. the latest Windows 10 update from Microsoft adapts a sleeve, by streaming the game integrally to your laptop or desktop PC! You can use the app to stream games from your Xbox One to your PC or your laptop. The connection is made via a normal network connection via LAN / WLAN.
Before the Xbox app was released, it was not possible to connect your laptop to your Xbox unless you had an HDMI input. A normal laptop usually does not have an HDMI input, which is why the picture and sound of the Xbox could not be displayed. This problem has now been resolved through the Xbox app.
What are the minimum requirements for the Xbox app?
- The app works on Windows 10 if you are signed in with the same gametag as you are on Xbox One.
- Your laptop should have at least 2 GB of RAM and a 1.5 GHz processor.
- The console and laptop must be connected to the same home network, either wirelessly or wired. Preferably use a wired ethernet connection or the 5GHz frequency band of your WiFi network, otherwise you will suffer from interruptions while playing. If your WiFi network is not fast enough, it is smart to lower the quality while streaming.
How do you start streaming the game from the Xbox app?
To connect your Xbox One to your laptop using the Xbox app, first enable game streaming on the Xbox One. This option can be found in the “Xbox Connections” in the “Settings” menu of the Xbox. After that, turn to your laptop and do the following:
- Open the Xbox app on your laptop and select the “Connection” option from the bar on the left.
- The Xbox app will now search for available Xbox consoles on the home network. Select the console you want.
- The connection has been established when new options, such as streaming, appear in the window. Now click on “Stream”. You can now start any game in the Xbox app.