Hulu is a popular streaming service with a diverse library of films from known studios, like Searchlight Pictures, Disney Television Studios, and ABC Studios, among others. It’s widely available on various platforms, including the Amazon Firestick. However, some users have experienced Hulu not working on Firestick.
Hulu Firestick issues can happen due to a slow internet connection, an outdated app version, and other factors. This guide will show you how to fix Hulu Live not working on Firestick and what to do when Hulu keeps freezing on Firestick.
Read this guide to know more.
Table of Contents
“Hulu Keeps Crashing on Firestick” – Most Common Fixes
It’s possible to encounter Hulu Firestick issues from time to time while using your Firestick. However, you can first look at Hulu’s server status. Their server could sometimes be down due to maintenance or outage in certain areas.
To verify if there’s a Hulu server outage, you can check Hulu’s official Twitter account and sites like Downdetector.
Once their server is operational, yet you’re still experiencing problems on the Hulu app, here are some fixes you can try. Remember to review each fix and check which one is the most effective for your Firestick:
Fix #1: Check Your Internet Connection
When experiencing Hulu Live not working on Firestick, it’s essential to check your internet connection. You will most likely have issues streaming on the Hulu app when it’s too slow or has inconsistent speeds.
To check your internet status on your Firestick device, follow these steps:
- Turn on your smart TV with your Firestick plugged in.
- Once your streaming device is connected to your home network, go to Settings > Network and select your Wi-Fi network.
- Press the Play/Pause button to see the network status.
If you see a poor Wi-Fi signal, try keeping your router closer to your smart TV or vice versa for stronger signals. Also, if you’re experiencing slow internet connections on all of your devices, try performing a power cycle on your Wi-Fi router. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Turn off your router and unplug its power adapter from the socket.
- Wait for one minute to drain the power.
- Plug the power adapter back in and turn on your Wi-Fi router.
- Once your devices are connected, check if the internet speed returns to normal.
Once you still have slow speeds, try contacting your ISP for further assistance.
Fix #2: Reboot Your Firestick Device
One quick solution to Hulu Firestick issues is a quick reboot of your Firestick device. This resets all running apps and processes on the streaming device, including ones that might be causing problems on the Hulu app.
To reboot your Firestick device, proceed to these steps:
- With your Firestick plugged into your smart TV, go to Settings.
- Select My Fire TV and choose Restart.
- After restarting, check if the Hulu app works normally.
Once it doesn’t work, you can power cycle your Firestick. You can do this by unplugging your Firestick device from the HDMI port and waiting a minute before plugging it back in. Check the Hulu app afterward if the issues are fixed.
Fix #3: Force Stop the Hulu App
If you’re experiencing Hulu keeps freezing on Firestick, you can force stop the Hulu app. This completely ends all background processes of the app, which might be causing booting issues. To force stop Hulu on Firestick, proceed to the steps below:
- Press the Home button on the Firestick remote and select Settings.
- Choose Applications > Manage Installed Applications and find the Hulu app.
- Select it and choose Force Stop.
- Try opening Hulu and check if the problem is fixed.
Fix #4: Clear Hulu’s Cache and App Data
Temporary app data, such as cache, help optimize apps and load them faster. But, once left uncleared after a while, they may cause app issues and occupy a huge chunk of your Firestick’s storage.
To clear the app data of Hulu on Firestick, do the following:
- Press the Home button on the Firestick remote and navigate to Settings > Applications.
- Select Manage Installed Applications and choose the Hulu app.
- Choose Clear cache. Then, select Clear data afterward.
- Open the Hulu app. You may be prompted to log in to your Hulu account.
- See if you can now stream without issues.
Fix #5: Update the Hulu App
App updates on Hulu and other installed apps on your Firestick are crucial to keep them running smoothly. Updates may also contain new features and fixes to bugs in the current app version.
So, if you’re wondering how to update Hulu on Firestick, follow the steps below:
- Press the Home button on the Firestick remote to navigate to the Home screen.
- Find the Hulu app icon and hover over it.
- Press the Menu button on the remote for a few seconds until a menu appears on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select More Info and choose Update on the app download page to install the latest app update for Hulu.
Fix #6: Perform a Software Update on Your Firestick
Another way to fix unresponsive apps and app bugs is by updating your Firestick’s OS to its latest version. This helps to keep your Firestick compatible with most apps in case they aren’t supporting a specific FireOS version anymore.
To perform a software update on Firestick, proceed to these steps:
- From your Firestick’s Home screen, select Settings.
- Choose My Fire TV and select About.
- Select Check for Updates.
- Choose Install Update on the latest FireOS software update available.
Fix #7: Reinstall the Hulu App
If the Hulu app on your Firestick is already up-to-date, yet you’re still experiencing streaming problems, you can try reinstalling the Hulu app on your Firestick device. This ensures that you’ll install the latest version of the app that’s compatible with your streaming device.
To reinstall the Hulu app on Firestick, follow these steps:
- On your Firestick’s Home screen, go to Settings > Applications and select Manage Installed Applications.
- Select the Hulu app and choose Uninstall.
- Next, go back to the Home screen and select the Search icon.
- Type in the word Hulu and select its app icon.
- Choose Download and wait for Hulu to be installed on your Firestick device.
- Launch the app and log in to your Hulu account. Check if all issues are solved.
Fix #8: Perform a Factory Reset on Your Firestick
Once all the above fixes don’t work, the last thing that you can try is performing a factory reset on your Firestick. This uninstalls all apps on your streaming device and resets all configurations and settings to their factory defaults.
Important: Ensure to take note of all login credentials on installed apps in your Firestick before proceeding with the steps below, especially the login details for your Amazon account.
To perform a factory reset on your Firestick, do the following:
- Navigate to Settings > My Fire TV.
- Select Reset to Factory Defaults and select Reset to confirm.
- Once the reset is finished, set up your Firestick device and connect it to your home network.
- Install all needed apps, including Hulu. Then, log in to your Hulu account and check if all streaming issues are fixed.
Hulu is one of the best apps when streaming content on Firestick. However, you might encounter in-app issues while using the Hulu app, including crashes, freezing, and other common problems. Hopefully, this guide helps you to solve the Hulu not working on Firestick issue.
If every fix on this guide were ineffective, try contacting Fire TV Support or Hulu Support for more help.