Insignia TVs are among the smart TV brands you can get nowadays for an affordable price. While a 55-inch, 4K TV with a built-in Fire TV OS can cost much on other brands, Insignia has this kind of TV at less than $400. However, you might wonder, “is Insignia a good brand?”
Getting an Insignia TV with great specs can be a great deal, but some potential TV buyers are curious about the Insignia brand and who makes Insignia TVs. In this guide, we’ll show you all you’ll need to know about Insignia TVs and if it’s a good brand.
Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
Who Owns Insignia?
Insignia TVs and their other electronic products are sold by Best Buy, a multinational consumer electronics retailer based in the US. However, most of its TVs are manufactured by Hisense in China. This brand offers various TV models with different sizes and features.
You can buy an Insignia TV that’s as small as 32 inches but can go big as 70 inches. Almost all of their TV models are upgraded to 4K display resolution. They also have TV partnered with known streaming platforms, like Roku TV and Amazon Fire TV.
Besides televisions, Insignia also has various electronic products under its label. Below are some of their offered products besides TVs:
- Home theatre and Surround sound systems
- Laptops and desktops
- Computer and gaming accessories
- Chargers and batteries
- Network cables and other types of electronic cables
Are Insignia TVs Good?
Although you might wonder why Insignia TVs are so cheap, it’s a decent brand considering its price and features. This especially applies when you’re on a budget and are looking for an affordable brand in the smart TV market. For instance, getting a 55-inch smart TV with HDR and 4K support from Insignia will cost you less than $400, while getting a Samsung TV with the same specs will cost you double that price.
However, you need to know that Insignia TVs and its other products are cheaper because their manufacturing and parts are outsourced from China, Taiwan, and Japan. Unlike premier smart TV brands like Samsung, LG, Sony, and other major companies, Insignia doesn’t manufacture their TVs yet; hence, their products are cheaper.
Insignia TVs — Pros and Cons
Before buying an Insignia TV, you must consider its pros and cons to make your purchase worth it. While you’ll save a lot of money when purchasing your first Insignia TV, it will always have its disadvantages compared to other more prominent TV brands. Below are the pros and cons of Insignia TVs
- Insignia TVs are budget-friendly – Most potential Insignia TV owners will choose this brand because of its price. So, if you’re looking for a smart TV with great features and are on a tight budget, this TV brand is what you might be looking for.
- Compatibility – Most Insignia TVs are equipped with the latest Fire TV or Roku TV OS, which makes them compatible with various smart devices, apps, and other smart home accessories. Pairing those devices with your Insignia TV won’t be a problem, either.
- Still Relatively High-quality (compared to other TV brands) – While Insignia TVs won’t have the latest TV technologies and components, they’re still better than most TV brands and, in some cases, can be more practical than buying a smart TV with a known brand.
- Mediocre Sound Quality – Most Insignia TV problems come from mediocre sound quality. Some users have complained about distorted and low-quality audio streaming on their Insignia smart TV. When this happens, it’s best to have an external audio accessory like a soundbar or speaker.
- Outdated TV Components – When buying your first Insignia TV, it’s not technically new, as there’s a high chance that its parts are a year old or more. Unlike bigger brands that use the latest TV technologies, Insignia only uses existing innovations and components.
Insignia is a budget brand owned by American electronics retailer Best Buy. It’s known for its smart TVs with advanced features, all at a low price. But, these TVs are manufactured in countries like China and Taiwan, which are not known for their product quality. That said, it can be worth it once you’re not bothered by owning an outdated smart TV and are on a tight budget.
Hopefully, this guide helps you know what the Insignia brand is and if Insignia smart TVs are actually worth buying.