Twitter is a mainstream social networking platform where you can interact with other users through tweets. Besides posting tweets and retweeting tweets of other users, you can also pin your tweet. Pinned tweets will be featured or placed at the top of your Twitter timeline.
However, some Twitter users have wondered if you can pin any tweet on Twitter. This is when you want to pin another user’s tweet and feature it on your profile timeline. This guide will show you how to pin a tweet and how to pin someone else’s tweet using simple methods.
Read on to know more.
Table of Contents
How to Pin a Tweet on Twitter
One of Twitter’s notable features is the ability to pin tweets. Whether you want to promote a product or service, voice your opinion about a trending issue, or you want to highlight a quote, you can do this by pinning it to the top of your profile timeline.
To pin tweet on Twitter, follow these steps:
- Open the Twitter app on your phone or visit Twitter’s official website on your computer’s browser.
- Log in to your account and navigate to the tweet that you’d want to pin.
- Select the Options (three horizontal dots) icon beside your tweet and choose Pin to profile.
- The selected tweet will now be pinned at the top of your Twitter timeline.
How to Pin Someone Else’s Tweet on Twitter
While pinning your tweets on top of your timeline is already great, you can also try to pin someone else’s tweets. This especially applies when you want to feature a tweet by a specific influencer, athlete, celebrity, or other famous personalities on Twitter. There are two main ways to pin tweets of another user on Twitter:
Method #1: The “Quote Tweet” Method
As the method’s name implies, you can pin another user’s tweet by quoting and retweeting it on your timeline. Original tweets are automatically attached by Twitter to the quoted tweet. This is an effective workaround when pinning others’ tweets without using a third-party tool.
To pin someone else’s tweet using the Quote Tweet method, proceed to these steps:
- Log in to your Twitter account and go to your desired Twitter user.
- Find the tweet that you wish to pin to your profile timeline.
- Select the Retweet button and choose Quote Tweet from the options.
- Type anything in the Add a comment box. This will serve as the placeholder and will be displayed above the original tweet.
- Click the Tweet button to place the retweet to your profile.
- On your Twitter profile, navigate to the quoted tweet and select the Options (three horizontal dots) button on the tweet.
- Choose Pin to profile. The quoted tweet will now be pinned on top of your timeline.
Method #2: Pin a Tweet By Another User via TwTools (Twitter Tools)
Another method that you can try when pinning other users’ tweets is via TwTools. It’s a third-party website that specializes in many Twitter tools that you can use on your account for free. To pin someone else’s tweet using TwTools, follow the steps below:
Note: Third-party apps will require authorized access to your Twitter account, hence, some of your data might be vulnerable.
- Navigate to another user’s tweet that you wish to pin on your timeline.
- Copy its tweet link by copying the link address on your browser’s address bar.
- On another tab, go to TwTweet’s official website and click the PIN ANY TWEET option.
- Select Allow Access > Authorize app. The webpage will now reload.
- Next, paste the tweet link you copied earlier below the Paste the tweet link portion.
- Click Pin this tweet. Once successful, you will receive a confirmation message on the webpage. You can also check your Twitter timeline to confirm.
Once you’re done using TwTools, you can remove the app’s account access by doing these steps:
- Launch the Twitter app on your smartphone and tap on your profile thumbnail.
- Select the More (hamburger menu) button and choose Settings and privacy.
- Go to Security and account access > Apps and sessions and select Connected apps.
- Find the app TwTools_Eu and select it. Choose Revoke app permissions.
The pin function on Twitter is one of the platform’s most used features. It allows you to feature a certain tweet on your Twitter timeline to draw attention and engagement from your followers. As of the moment, Twitter has not applied a feature where you can pin someone else’s tweet to your profile.
Hopefully, this guide helps you know the workarounds of pinning any tweet to your Twitter timeline.