Roblox as a gaming platform has risen in popularity since its release in 2006. Here, you can play user-generated games in various genres. It is also available on all major platforms like Windows, Mac, and Xbox.
Some players have however reported an error that’s prevalent on most Roblox games today, namely Roblox error 268. This issue is caused by an inappropriate action by a player, which kicks them out of the game in an instant.
As bad as this may sound, the Roblox error 268 can be solved using the right methods. In this guide, we will also go over some reasons why this error shows up in the first place. So, if you have recently faced this issue while playing Roblox, read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
What is Roblox Error Code 268?
The Roblox Error Code 268 is an error that instantly kicks you out of the game without prior notice. It can also happen to any game and is being faced by many Roblox players. An error message similar to this will show up on your screen:
DISCONNECTED: You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior. (Error Code: 268)
The error will show up once you begin to join your favorite Roblox games. It also happens randomly and will continue to interrupt your gaming experience if you won’t solve this issue.
Possible Reasons for Roblox Error Code 268
Though the problem can come from Roblox’s side, most of the reasons listed below are about your game files and other software that can disrupt the game’s important processes.
Here are some reasons for the Roblox Error Code 268:
- Server Outage – The game servers of Roblox may be currently down. As a preventive measure, players can experience various errors—including the Roblox error 268. You can check the server status of Roblox on their status page or by checking their social media pages.
- Interference of memory scanners or debuggers – Debugging software such as Cheat Engine, GameGuardian, and other applications can be used to cheat games on Roblox. If you run this kind of software on your computer while Roblox is on, chances are you will encounter this error.
- Antivirus – Security software such as antiviruses will restrict processes that are necessary to run the game. If these processes are further blocked, you will see the Roblox error code 268.
- Corrupted Game Files – Bad game files can also cause unexpected errors which can kick you out of the game. It’s important to play Roblox with its game files up to date.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 268
Due to the complexity of this error, some players are having a hard time solving this Roblox game issue. But don’t fret as we compiled all the fixes that you can try on your computer. Not only is it for free, but it is also doable and will fix your Roblox Error Code 268 problems.
As mentioned earlier, first try to inspect the status page of Roblox and check if all servers are up and running. If a few of the servers are inoperable, you can assume that it might be the cause of this error. Also, ensure that you have a stable internet connection when launching Roblox.
If there are no server issues, try to solve Roblox Error Code 268 by following the fixes below:
Fix #1: Uninstall any Memory Scanners or Debuggers
Open-source software such as Cheat Engine can be used to alter or modify some of Roblox’s game files; which makes it as one of the primary culprits of this problem. However, you can solve this by uninstalling any exploit software that are currently installed.
Here’s how you can uninstall all cheat or exploit software on your computer:
- Open Run by pressing CTRL+R and type in appwiz.cpl. Then, press OK. This will open the Programs and Features menu.
- In this menu, you can scroll and browse through all installed applications on your computer—this includes all exploit and cheating software. To uninstall, right-click on the program and select Uninstall.
- Next, follow the uninstallation instructions on the screen. Once it is done, restart your computer.
- After the apps are completely uninstalled, launch Roblox and see if the problem is fixed.
Important: If you used exploits to modify the game files, you might need to reinstall the whole game—we will go over the reinstallation process later on.
Fix #2: Disable All Antivirus and Security Software
Antivirus are sometimes culprits when it comes to Roblox errors due to their ability to block important game processes. A quick way to go about this problem is to disable all antiviruses that are running on your computer.
To disable Windows Defender on your computer, follow these steps:
- Using the search menu, type in Windows Defender and open. Alternatively, you can open it by clicking on the shield icon in the taskbar.
- Select the Virus & protection tab.
- Under Virus & threat protection, click Manage settings.
- Choose Firewall & network protection and find the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Turn Off the feature by clicking on the switch under it. Once done, restart your computer.
- Launch Roblox and see if the problem still exists after you play a game.
Fix #3: Reinstall Roblox
When you run exploits and other software that can potentially alter your files, it is necessary to reinstall the game. It ensures the integrity of the files, which can fix the Roblox error code 268.
- To reinstall Roblox on Windows, you will need to uninstall it first. Go to Programs and Features and find all Roblox clients, then, select Uninstall.
- After restarting your computer, log in to Roblox using your default browser.
- Finally, launch a game to redownload all game clients and see if the problem persists.
To reinstall Roblox on Xbox One, do the following:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller and open My Games & Apps.
- From the list of games, find Roblox.
- Press the Start button and go to Manage game > Uninstall All.
- After Roblox is uninstalled, restart your console.
- Then, reinstall Roblox from the My Games & Apps list.
- Launch a game in Roblox and see if the error still shows up.
Fix #4: Play Roblox using Now.gg
If there is a problem with your local installation and Fix 1,2 or 3 didn’t work, then you can play Roblox in your browser at Now.gg. We have an article which has a detailed guide on the best setup for Now.gg Roblox.
Due to the continuous growth of Roblox, errors such as the Roblox error code 268 will show up on some players. This error kicks you out of the game which makes the game near unplayable. With these fixes, however, you can now seamlessly play your favorite Roblox games.