Most of the time, a Roku remote is required when using your Roku streaming device. It enables you to wirelessly control your device and access streaming apps with one button. However, finding your lost Roku remote can be challenging.
Fortunately, you can use the Roku Remote Finder to find your Roku remote in case you’ve lost it. This guide will show you how to find Roku Remote using the Remote Finder feature on your Roku streaming device.
Read this guide to learn more.
Note: If you are trying to find your remote so you can find out the IP address of your device – you don’t have to! Please read our guide on How to Find Roku IP Address Without the Remote.
Table of Contents
How to Use the Roku Remote Finder to Find Lost Remote
When you’ve recently lost your Roku remote and have trouble finding it, you can use the Roku Remote Finder. It lets your remote emit a loud beeping sound, which can help you track its location. However, it should be within the range of your WiFi network to increase your chances of finding it this way.
You can access the Roku Remote Finder in two ways:
Method #1: Find Roku Remote Using Voice Commands
If you’re using a voice-enabled Roku remote, you can use its voice command feature to find your Roku remote. To find your Roku remote using a voice command, follow these steps:
- With your Roku streaming device plugged into your smart TV, say, “Hey Roku, where is my remote?”
- The remote will turn on your Roku streaming device and emit a loud beeping sound.
- Using the beeping sound, find your Roku remote.
- Once found, press any button on the remote to disable the sound.
Method #2: Find Roku Remote Using the Lost Remote Finder Button
If you own a Roku Ultra streaming device for your smart TV, it will most likely have a Lost Remote Finder button. It will be placed on the top of your device or its side. Once you press this button, your Roku remote will start beeping. You can use this sound to find your lost Roku remote.
To stop the beeping sound, press any button on the remote.
How to Change the Roku Remote Finder Sound
You can change the sound emitted by your Roku remote once you find the sound too loud or confusing. To change the Remote Finder sound on your Roku remote, do the following:
- Turn on your smart TV with the Roku streaming device plugged in.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote and go to Settings > Remote.
- Select Change remote finder sound and select from the preset sounds on the device. To preview a sound, choose Preview remote finder sound.
- Once you’ve found your desired sound, press the OK button on the remote to select it.
Like other compact devices, it’s easy to lose your Roku remote in your room. However, you can find them using the Roku Remote Finder feature on your Roku streaming device. You can access this through voice command or the Lost Remote Finder button on your Roku device.
Hopefully, this guide helps you to use the Roku Remote Finder feature to find your lost Roku remote.