iPhones are known to have nearly unlimited storage for text messages. However, searching for specific text messages on your iPhone can be challenging, especially when you haven’t deleted any conversations for a while. Users have also asked how to search text messages by date iPhone.
You can search iPhone messages using easy-to-do workarounds. This guide will show you how to see old iPhone messages using three ways. Read this guide to know more.
Table of Contents
How to Search Text Messages on iPhone
As a user-friendly device, the iPhone has different features to help you search for your desired text messages and conversations. Unfortunately, searching text messages by date isn’t yet possible for most iPhones until Apple releases an update for this in the future.
But, if you’re wondering, “Can you search text messages on iPhone?” the answer is yes. You can still search for your desired text message by following the workarounds below. Remember to review each method and see which one you think is the most effective:
Method #1: Search Text Messages Using Spotlight Search
Besides helping you search for various apps, features, settings, contacts, and other information on your iPhone, you can use Spotlight Search to find your desired text messages. Once found, it will also display the date and time you sent or received the message.
To search for text messages on your iPhone using the Spotlight Search feature, follow these steps:
- With your iPhone in Sleep mode, press the Wake button on the side to show its Home Screen.
- Next, swipe from the top down to launch the Spotlight Search function.
- Input a specific keyword or phrase in the text message you’re looking for.
- Text messages containing the word or phrase and their timestamps will be shown on the search results.
- You can scroll down to search for your desired right message on a specific date.
Method #2: Search Text Messages via the Search Bar on Messages
Another way to search for a text message on your iPhone is by using the Direct Search feature on the Messages app. It’s a quick method to pull up sent or received messages from a saved conversation on your iPhone.
To find specific text messages on your iPhone via the search bar on the Messages app, do the following:
- Launch the Messages app and swipe from the top down to reveal the Search Bar on the top of the app.
- Type in any keyword or phrase in the text message you want to find.
- Conversations containing the phrase or word will be listed on the results, along with the date and time they were sent or received.
Method #3: Search for Text Messages By Date Using Third-party Apps
Since searching for your desired messages through a specific date might be impossible to do directly on your iPhone, you can opt to use third-party data recovery apps. Various services specialize in this feature, including recovering lost messages.
Apps such as Leawo iOS Data Recovery and iMobie PhoneRescue are only a few examples of data recovery software tools that you can try to search for messages by date on your iPhone. However, these apps might need subscriptions to have full access; you’ll also need to connect your phone to a Mac or computer.
Searching for text messages by date on your iPhone isn’t yet possible. However, you can use various built-in search features on the Messages app or your iPhone’s Spotlight Search to find your desired text message. Hopefully, this guide helps you find text messages on your iPhone.