Launched in 2007, Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services today. It’s co-owned by Walt Disney and Comcast’s NBCUniversal, with The Walt Disney Company having a majority stake. This streaming service offers an array of movie libraries and films from famous studios such as 20th Century Studios, ABC, Disney Television Studios, and much more.
However, some Discord users have recently asked how to stream Hulu on Discord. Besides communicating with other Discord users, you can also use the app to stream with your friends online. In this guide, we’ll show you ways to stream Hulu on Discord and avoid issues such as the black screen problem when streaming Hulu on Discord.
Read this guide to know more.
Table of Contents
Streaming Hulu on Discord
Before streaming Hulu on Discord, you’ll need to ensure you have an updated version of the Discord desktop app. It helps you to access Discord features—such as streaming—with fewer issues. You can download it for free by clicking this link. Basic streaming is free, while 4k streaming is reserved for members who have paid for Nitro (though we have an article which explains how to get free Discord Nitro).
Once you have an updated version of Discord on your computer or laptop, an active Hulu subscription, and a stable Internet connection, the next thing to do is to disable hardware acceleration on your default browser. This solves the black screen issue while streaming Hulu on Discord.
Refer to the steps below to disable hardware acceleration on popular browser applications.
On Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and click the More (three vertical dots) icon on the top-right corner of the window.
- Go to Settings > System and toggle the Use hardware acceleration when available option to Off.
On Microsoft Edge
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser and select the More (three horizontal dots) icon on the top-right corner of the window.
- Navigate to Settings > System and Performance and disable the Use hardware acceleration when available option.
On Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox on your computer and choose the Menu icon on the top-left corner of the window.
- Select Settings > General and choose Performance.
- Disable both Use hardware acceleration when available and Use recommended performance.
After following the steps above, restart your browser to apply the changes effectively.
Start Streaming Hulu on Discord
- Go to Hulu’s official website and log in to your account.
- Next, launch the Discord app on your computer and navigate to your desired server where you can stream with other users.
- Go to Settings (gear icon) > Game Activity and choose Add it!
- Select the browser app where Hulu is currently open.
- Then, go back to the Discord server screen and choose the Screen icon.
- Select the browser window that has the Hulu page open. This window will now be shared with other stream participants.
- Set the Streaming Channel, Resolution, and Frame Rate settings from which you want to share your screen.
Note: To choose a resolution above 720p and a frame rate above 30 fps, you’ll need to be subscribed to Discord Nitro first.
- Click the Go Live button to start streaming Hulu on Discord. Select the End Call button if you wish to stop sharing your screen.
Streaming Hulu with your friends on Discord is a great way to spend time with them and watch the latest movies and TV shows on the platform. However, you’ll need an active Hulu subscription and a stable Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection to make this possible.
Hopefully, this guide helps you to stream Hulu on Discord and avoid the Hulu black screen issue.