To remotely use your Samsung TV using your voice, you can use its voice assistant, Bixby. Similar to other smart assistants, it enables you to control your smart TV and its connected smart devices. The voice assistant is an accessibility feature that helps users with weak eyesight and other similar disabilities.
But, it’s also possible to turn it on unintentionally and you’re wondering how to turn off voice guidance on Samsung TV. This guide will show you how to turn off voice on Samsung TV using various methods.
Table of Contents
- 1 Methods to Turn off Samsung TV Voice Assistant
- 1.1 Method #1: Using the Volume Button on Samsung Remote
- 1.2 Method #2: Via Accessibility Settings
- 1.3 Method #3: Via the MENU button (Samsung TV Models 2014 to 2018)
- 1.4 Method #4: Turning off Audio Descriptions (Samsung TV Models 2008-2013)
- 1.5 Method #5: Using Voice Commands
- 1.6 Method #6: Change Bixby Wake-up Sensitivity
- 2 Final Thoughts
Methods to Turn off Samsung TV Voice Assistant
As mentioned earlier, the Voice Guide on Samsung TVs is an accessibility feature that gives audio descriptions of all options and items in the menu. It gives feedback when you’re connecting streaming devices and describes movie names or titles when browsing streaming services like Netflix, YouTube, etc.
When you have good eyesight, however, it can serve as a distraction. Here are some methods to try to turn it off and use your smart TV without narrations. Remember to go over each method and see which works for your Samsung TV.
Method #1: Using the Volume Button on Samsung Remote
One quick way to navigate to your Samsung TV’s Accessibility Shortcuts is by pressing the volume button on the Samsung TV remote. Ensure that you have enough power on the remote for this method to work.
To turn off voice assistant using the Samsung TV remote, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Samsung TV. Then, press and hold one of the Volume buttons on the Samsung TV remote.
- Your smart TV will now be redirected to the Voice Guide settings. Press the Select or Center button to turn it off.
Method #2: Via Accessibility Settings
The Samsung TV’s voice assistant can be found in the TV’s accessibility settings. You can find it there along with other accessibility features of your Samsung smart TV. To turn off Voice Guide via accessibility settings, proceed to these steps:
- Turn on your Samsung TV and using the remote, go to Settings > General.
- Under Accessibility, select Voice Guide Settings.
- Choose Voice Guide and toggle it to Off.
Older Samsung TVs also have the Voice Guide feature built-in. If it was enabled unintentionally on your Samsung TV, you can turn it off by using slightly different steps.
To turn off Voice Guide on Samsung TV models 2014-2018, do the following:
- Open your Samsung TV and press the MENU/123 button on the remote.
- Go to Menu > System > Accessibility and select Voice Guide.
- Toggle it to Off. You can now use your smart TV without Voice Guide.
Method #4: Turning off Audio Descriptions (Samsung TV Models 2008-2013)
If you own a Samsung TV with the model year or between 2008 and 2013, it has a built-in audio description feature. It’s similar to Voice Guide and can be disabled with similar steps.
To turn off audio descriptions on Samsung TV models from 2008 to 2013, follow the steps below:
- Turn on your Samsung TV and go to Menu > Sound or Sound Mode.
- Select Broadcast and choose Audio Language.
- If you see English AD on the screen, it means that the audio description feature is enabled.
- To turn it off, change it to English only.
Alternatively, you can turn it off by holding the Menu button on the remote for a few seconds.
Method #5: Using Voice Commands
If the voice commands feature is enabled on your Samsung TV and you’re actively using it, you can also use it to turn off Voice Guide. Using the microphone on the Samsung TV remote, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Samsung TV.
- Press and hold the Microphone button on the remote.
- Say “turn off voice guide” or “voice guide off”.
- Voice Guide will now be disabled on your Samsung TV.
Method #6: Change Bixby Wake-up Sensitivity
Bixby is an AI virtual assistant that’s built in on most modern Samsung smart devices, including smart TVs. Although it’s helpful when remotely controlling your smart TV’s features, it can sometimes react to your voice when you’re using your Samsung TV.
To change Bixby’s Wake-up Sensitivity, follow the steps below:
- Turn on your Samsung TV and go to Menu > Settings.
- Navigate to General > Bixby Voice Settings.
- Select Voice Sensitivity and set it to Low.
Voice assistants are a great accessibility feature on most Samsung TVs. It helps you to use your smart TV, especially if you have poor eyesight and have eye disabilities. For average users, however, it can be distracting.
Hopefully, this guide helps you to turn off Voice Guide on your Samsung smart TV using easy-to-follow methods.