LG TVs are one of the best and most popular smart TVs today. You can probably see LG smart TVs in establishments like hotels and other basic accommodation. However, hotel TVs might be programmed in Hotel Mode, limiting clients on how they use the TV in their rooms.
This feature in hotel LG TVs is built-in by network administrators and can be hard to bypass. In this guide, we’ll show you how to unlock LG hotel TV from Hotel Mode and methods to remove hotel mode LG TV without original remote.
Read this guide to learn more.
Table of Contents
What is Hotel Mode on LG TVs?
Hotel Mode on LG TVs is a function used by network administrators in a hotel to avoid unauthorized changes to the TV’s settings and limit access to other features. The model has two main modes, Guest mode, and Administrator mode. Usually, the LG TVs in your hotel is set to Guest mode.
This function also prevents you from using various streaming devices, such as Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, and others. When Hotel Mode is enabled, you won’t have any choice but to watch all pre-programmed channels and features.
How to Disable Hotel Mode LG TV
If you’re wondering how to unlock LG TV hotel settings, there are a few methods that you can try. However, it’s essential to check the TV for network cables. As mentioned earlier, Hotel Mode is enabled via network administrators on the hotel.
Disconnecting the network cables for a while and power cycling the LG TV can help disable this function easily. To power cycle the LG TV, follow these steps:
- Turn off the TV and unplug its power cable from the socket.
- Wait for one minute to drain the power.
- Plug the power cable back in and turn on the TV.
Then, you can now reconnect the network cable and go to your TV’s menu. Check if Hotel Mode is disabled and if more features are available.
If the steps above don’t work, here are some more methods you can follow. Remember to review each method and see which works for your LG TV.
Method #1: Use the LG TV Remote in Your Room
If the original LG TV remote is given in your hotel room, you can use it to unlock your LG TV from Hotel Mode. First, ensure that it’s working and its batteries are charged. Then, follow the steps below:
- Turn on your LG TV using the remote.
- Press and hold the Settings button for more than five seconds and quickly enter the following passcode: 1105. You can also press the Home button if the remote doesn’t have a Settings key.
Note: If the passcode above doesn’t work, try out each of the following passcodes: 0413, 0000, 7777, 8878, and 8741.
- The Hotel Mode Setup menu will show on the screen. You can now enable or disable your desired features on your LG TV.
Another method you can try on the LG remote is the Menu Settings button. To do this, proceed to the steps below:
- With the TV switched on, press and hold the Menu Settings button on the LG TV remote.
- The usual Setup Menu will now show on the screen. Keep holding onto the button until the menu disappears, then release it.
- Type in the following passcode: 2663, and press the Enter key on the remote.
- Disable the D-Box feature and reboot your LG TV.
- Once finished, check the TV’s menu and see if more features are available.
Method #2: Use a Universal Remote App to Unlock Hotel Mode
If you don’t have access to an original LG TV remote in your hotel room, you can use a universal remote app (in this method, we’ll use the AnyMote Smart Universal Remote app) on your smartphone to control your LG TV and unlock Hotel Mode. Also, you’ll need an IR remote control adapter device to make this method work.
If you have an IR remote control adapter with you, or the hotel has one, proceed to these steps:
- Download the AnyMote Smart Universal Remote app for free on your Android device or iOS.
- Turn on your LG TV and launch the AnyMote app on your phone.
- Select the INSTART option in the main menu and try one of the following passcodes: 1105, 0413, and 0000 to access the Installation menu.
- Change your desired settings or features to access it on your LG TV.
Important: Only change settings that you’re familiar with. Changing some critical and unfamiliar settings might break your TV.
Method #3: Reset the LG TV to Factory Settings
If the methods above don’t work, you can try to reset the LG TV. This effectively resets the TV to its factory defaults, which might also disable Hotel Mode. To reset the LG TV using the original LG remote, press the Power button for fifteen seconds or until the TV turns off and resets.
Then, wait for the LG TV to reboot. You can now check if the Hotel Mode function is disabled and if more features on the main menu are available.
Hotels and similar accommodations use Hotel Mode to limit a guest’s access to the TV’s features and configurations. This function can be applied to various TV brands, including LG TVs.
Hopefully, this guide helps you to unlock the LG TV from Hotel Mode, either with its original remote or using a universal remote app. If the methods above didn’t help, try contacting a hotel staff to get the feature unlocked.