Vizio TVs are well-known for giving their users a smooth watching experience. They are built with top-tier quality software and hardware. But like with most smart TVs, there are a few caveats.
Your Vizio tv smart cast not working gets in the way of you watching your favorite shows, and we understand how frustrating that can be.
Fortunately, there are things you can do to troubleshoot this type of problem and don’t worry, you don’t need any technical knowledge in order to pull these off!
So stick around and let’s get talking.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why is my smart cast not working?
- 2 How to Fix Vizio Smartcast Issues
- 2.1 Solution #1: Restart Your Router
- 2.2 Solution #2: Refresh Your Vizio Smartcast TV Home
- 2.3 Solution #3: Power Cycle Your Vizio TV
- 2.4 Solution #4: Refresh Your Network’s DHCP Settings
- 2.5 Solution #5: Factory Reset Your TV
Why is my smart cast not working?
Before getting into the tips to help you get your Vizio Smart Tv back up and running, let’s go over some of the possible reasons why you’re experiencing these issues in the first place.
Possibility #1: Weak or Unstable Connection
A weak or unstable internet connection is usually the main cause for your Vizio smart tv not working.
Possibility #2: Wrong DHCP Settings
Another probable cause for your Vizio TV issues is having the wrong or non-optimal settings to the DHCP of your network.
Possibility #3: Smartcast Glitches
Finally, the third most likely reason is that your Vizio Smartcast is experiencing software glitches.
You might be feeling a little worried about the last two issues, but they’re not too difficult to fix by yourself.
How to Fix Vizio Smartcast Issues
Now that you have the answer to “Why is my smart cast not working?”, let’s discuss the different ways you can troubleshoot these different issues.
Solution #1: Restart Your Router
Before you move into the more technical solutions on this list, you should first check if your Visio Smarcast TV issues are caused by slow internet.
Method 1: Normal Restart
- Turn off your router
- Wait about one minute
- Turn your router back on and check your signal
Method 2: Full Restart
- Turn off your modem
- Unplug the router from the outlet
- Wait about 30 seconds
- Plug the router back into the outlet
- After plugging your router back in, wait about 1-2 minutes. Now switch on your router
Method 3: Full Reboot
If the first two methods didn’t work, you can try out this “full reboot” method.
Note: make sure your router is turned on for this method.
- Find the Reset button at the back of your router
- With a blunt needle, pin, or paper clip, press and hold your router’s reset button for about 15-20 seconds
- Now, wait for the router to fully reset and turn itself back on
This method will get your router back to its default factory settings. You will have to reset your old password and manually update your devices so they can connect back to your network.
Solution #2: Refresh Your Vizio Smartcast TV Home
If your wifi connection is not the cause of your Vizio TV issues, then it’s time to check your TV.
Here’s how you do it:
- Switch your Vizio TV to its SmarCast Input
- Then open your TV’s menu
- Locate and select “System Menu”
- Change the language to either French or Spanish and DO NOT CLOSE THE SYSTEM MENU!
- Now, wait for your Vizio’s SmartCast Home to load
- Once it’s finished loading, change the language back to English
This should fix your SmartCast loading issues. If not, try the next tip.
Solution #3: Power Cycle Your Vizio TV
Software glitches can prevent your Vizio TV from functioning properly. So here’s how you can power cycle your unit:
- Take your Vizio TV’s remote and go to the “Menu” tab
- Now, select the “system” settings
- Once you’re in the System settings, look for “Reser & Admin”
- Now select “Soft Power Cycle”. Make sure to shut off your router at the same time
- Wait about 15-20 seconds then power on both devices
If the first one doesn’t work, try this method:
- Turn off your Vizio TV using the power button, not the remote
- Now, unplug your Tv from the power outlet
- With the TV still unplugged, press down on the power button for about 20-30 seconds
- Then plug your TV back into the power outlet
- Next, hold down the power button for 20-30 seconds again
- Then let go of the power button, and press it one more time to turn on your TV
- Then wait for the SmartCast Home to load
Most SmarCast issues should be solved by method #3. If not, don’t worry. There are two more that you can try out.
Solution #4: Refresh Your Network’s DHCP Settings
Our fourth solution is refreshing your Network’s DHCP settings. Sometimes the wrong calibration can lead to issues with your Vizio SmartCast TV.
Here’s how you do it:
- Shut down your Vizio TV
- Next, you have to launch your browser
- Then open your router’s URL and input your username and password
- Then go to your router’s “Settings” tab and look for the “DHCP settings”. If you don’t find it in the general settings, it’s probably in the “Advanced settings” tab, Network tab, or Local Netweon settings
- Finally, choose “enable” for your DHCP. If it’s already been enabled, then disable it and re-enable it.
- Now click “save” and exit the settings tab
- Turn on your Vizio TV and see if you’re still facing any issues
Solution #5: Factory Reset Your TV
We wanted to keep this as the last resort as having to customize your TV’s settings again can be a pain. But if the above tips don’t work, it’s time to factory reset your Vizio SmartCast TV.
Here’s how you do it:
- Using your TV’s remote, go to “Menu”, then choose “Settings”, then “System”
- Now, go to “Reset & Admin”, under that choose “Reset TV to Factory Settings”
- All you have to do now is wait for the factory reset to finish
You can also do a factory reset using your Vizio SmartCast TV built-in buttons. Here’s how:
- Look for the four buttons on the side of your Vizio SmartCast TV. Press the “input” and “volume down” buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds.
A bar should appear on the top of your TV.
- Next, press the input button until your TV screen goes black
- Now, turn on your TV and follow the instructions that will be displayed on your TV screen
And there you go! These were all our solutions to Vizio Smartcast TV issues. We hope these tips were able to help you out with your SmartCast troubleshooting.
Let us know what tips worked best for you in the comments section below. Until next time!