ESPN or also known as the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network is an American international cable sports channel that was founded in 1979. It is known to be one of the most successful sports networks worldwide and has several studio facilities in the United States. The channel mainly features live sports broadcasts, highlights, documentaries, and talk shows.
Although ESPN is widely available on various smart TV brands and streaming devices, some LG smart TV users have trouble finding the channel, including the ESPN+ app on LG TV. This guide will show you how to get ESPN Plus on LG smart TV and how to watch ESPN+ on LG TV.
Read this guide to learn more.
Table of Contents
Are LG TVs Supported by the ESPN+ App?
No. The ESPN app is not yet available on LG TVs as of the moment. LG smart TVs operate under the webOS, which is not supported by the app. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t totally watch ESPN on your LG TV.
Besides waiting for the ESPN app to be supported for LG TV, you can opt to stream content from your phone to your LG TV via screencasting or use a streaming device, such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick, or Apple TV, and many more.
How to Sign Up for ESPN+
To watch ESPN+ on your phone, computer, or other streaming devices, you’ll first need to have an ESPN+ account with an active subscription. The subscription costs $6.99/month or $69.99/year. Once you’re signed up, you can use the account on various devices that are supported by ESPN+.
To sign up for ESPN+ on your computer, follow the steps below:
- On your web browser, visit the ESPN official website.
- Select the ESPN+ icon on the top-right side of your screen.
- Choose Sign Up Now and enter your account details.
- Next, select Sign Up and choose your Subscription Type in the next window.
- Input your payment information and choose Buy ESPN+.
- Once successful, you can now watch ESPN+ on supported devices.
Different Methods to Watch ESPN+ on LG TVs
Since LG TVs don’t have the ESPN app available, you can use other methods to watch the channel. However, when using external methods to watch content, you’ll need to make sure that your LG TV’s webOS is up-to-date.
To manually update your LG TV’s webOS to its latest version, follow these steps:
- Turn on your LG TV and ensure that it’s connected to a stable WiFi network.
- Using the remote, navigate to Settings > All Settings.
- Select Support and choose Software Update.
- Choose Check for Updates. Your LG TV will now download the latest update available.
- Wait for the update to be installed.
Once your LG TV’s webOS is updated to the latest version, you can now proceed to try other streaming methods to watch ESPN+. Remember to go over each method individually and check which method works best for your LG TV.
Method #1: Use a Streaming Device
If you currently have a streaming device, such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, or Roku, you can use it to stream ESPN+ on your LG TV. First, plug in your streaming device on the TV’s HDMI port and proceed to these steps:
Important: Connect your LG TV and streaming device to the same wireless network to avoid errors.
- Using the streaming device’s remote, download or add the ESPN+ app.
- Launch the app and log in to your ESPN+ account.
- You can now start watching ESPN content on LG TV via your streaming device.
Method #2: Cast ESPN+ to LG TV Using Your iPhone via AirPlay
Another solution to watch ESPN+ on your LG TV is by screencasting content from your iPhone. Most iPhones support the ESPN+ app and are suitable streaming devices. It’s also easy to cast content from your iPhone to LG TV via AirPlay.
Important: Ensure that your LG TV has webOS 4.0 or greater to support AirPlay.
To cast ESPN+ from your iPhone to LG TV using AirPlay, do the following:
- Turn on your LG TV and ensure that it’s connected to the same WiFi network as your iPhone.
- Launch the ESPN+ app on your iPhone and log in to your ESPN+ account.
- Watch your desired content and tap the AirPlay icon on the top-right part of the screen.
- Select your LG TV from the list of devices.
- Content from your iPhone will now be cast to your LG TV.
Method #3: Stream ESPN+ to LG TV Using Your Android Device via Screen Mirroring
If you have an Android device that supports screen mirroring, you can use it to stream ESPN+ and connect it to your LG TV. Screen mirroring is Android’s equivalent of AirPlay by Apple, so, you’ll follow similar steps.
To stream ESPN+ to LG TV using your Android device via Screen Mirroring, follow these steps:
- Turn on your LG TV and connect both your phone and smart TV to the same WiFi network.
- Open the ESPN+ app on your Android phone and log in to your account.
- Select your desired content to watch and tap the Screen Mirroring icon on the top-right portion of the screen.
- Choose your LG TV from the list of devices.
- You can now watch ESPN+ on LG TV using your Android phone.
Method #4: Cast ESPN+ to LG TV Using Your Computer via Chrome
If you mainly use Google Chrome as a default browser, you can utilize it to cast ESPN+ to your LG TV. This method is secure since your computer is a more reliable streaming device than your phone or tablet.
To cast ESPN+ to LG TV using your computer via the Chrome browser, proceed to the steps below:
- Turn on your computer and open Chrome.
- Go to the ESPN+ official website and log in to your account.
- Switch on your LG TV and connect it to the same WiFi network as your computer.
- Then, watch your desired content and select the More button (three vertical dots) on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select Cast and choose your LG TV from the list of devices.
- Content from your computer will now be cast to your LG TV.
The ESPN+ app is your main way to watch live and on-demand sports content from ESPN. However, the app is not yet available on most LG TVs. Hence, these methods can hopefully guide you to watch ESPN+ on your LG TV.