Twitch is a live video streaming service that primarily shows video game live streaming, in real life (IRL) streams, famous esports competitions, and much more. Watching Twitch on your Roku streaming device, however, is a challenging task. This is because Twitch got removed from Roku’s Streaming Channels list years ago.
However, some users are still interested in “can you get Twitch on Roku” and “is Twitch on Roku.” This guide will show you how to get Twitch on Roku using three main methods. Read this guide to learn more.
Table of Contents
Three Methods to Watch Twitch on Roku
Although Twitch is a widely known VOD service, Roku still has managed to eliminate it from their official Streaming Channels. However, you can still watch this channel by trying these three effective workarounds below. Remember to review them individually and see which works best for your Roku streaming device.
Method #1: Watch Twitch via The Official Twitch Channel
This method applies if you had the official Twitch channel on your Roku device before it was removed or used the app in the past. To watch Twitch via the official Twitch channel, follow these steps:
- Using the browser, go to My Roku and log in to your Roku account.
- Below Manage account, select Add channel with a code and type in twitchtv.
- Select Add Channel and choose OK from the warning message.
- Choose Yes, add channel.
- You can now watch Twitch on your Roku device via the official Twitch channel.
Method #2: Watch Twitch via TWOKU
Another method you can try is through watching TWOKU on your Roku device. It’s the next best alternative method when installing Twitch, especially for Roku users that have not installed Twitch yet on their Roku. To watch Twitch via TWOKU, follow the steps below:
- Open your computer’s browser, visit this link, and log in to your Roku account.
- Select Add channel with a code and enter the codes on the Add channel field.
- Choose Add Channel and select OK.
- Then, go to Settings > System > System update.
- After the update, TWOKU will now be installed on your Roku streaming device.
Once the app is installed, you can now watch TWOKU on Roku. However, remember that this app is not a verified app on the Streaming Channels’ list of apps, so you might get errors while using TWOKU.
Method #3: Watch Twitch via Screen Mirroring
One of the most reliable ways to watch Twitch on Roku is by streaming it from your phone or tablet and sharing it via screen mirroring. Most modern Roku streaming devices support screen mirroring; the same goes for newer Android and iOS devices. Remember to connect both of your devices to the same Wi-Fi network to do this method successfully.
To watch Twitch on Roku via screen mirroring, proceed to these steps:
- Download Twitch on your smartphone or tablet. It’s free on the Google Play Store and the App Store.
- Next, launch the app and log in to your Twitch account.
- Watch your desired live stream content on the app and select the Cast or AirPlay button on the media player screen.
- Turn on your Roku device and ensure that the Screen mirroring mode is set to Always allow.
- Select your Roku device from the list of devices.
- Twitch content from your smartphone or tablet will now be displayed on your Roku device through screen mirroring.
Twitch on Roku once existed as a regular streaming channel but was removed for various reasons. However, you can still watch Twitch on your Roku streaming device using the effective workarounds above. Hopefully, this guide helps you watch Twitch on Roku, even when the channel is removed from the streaming service.