Alexa is an excellent addition to any smart home, but getting acclimated to all the different signs may take some time. Alexa uses a wide variety of colors and flashing patterns to convey various sorts of data. Once you’re used to the gadget, deciphering these signals and making sense of their way is a breeze.
An intermittent yellow light started blinking on you Alexa gadget, and you have no idea what it represent. After researching, I discovered what was happening and how to eliminate the problem. Here, you will discover how you can get rid of the yellow light issue on Alexa.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Is My Alexa Yellow? What is the Reason?
- 2 What Does The Yellow Ring Look Like?
- 3 How To Respond to the Alexa Yellow Light
- 4 What are the Concerns About The Yellow Ring?
- 5 Conclusion
Why Is My Alexa Yellow? What is the Reason?
Your Alexa device’s yellow light might mean a few different things. You should check whether your gadget displays a blinking or spinning light since these may indicate several things.
- If the Alexa indicator is flashing yellow, it tries to establish a network connection over Wi-Fi. If the Alexa app’s yellow spinning light doesn’t stop blinking, you may need to re-enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Whenever you receive a notification from an Alexa contact, the light will glow yellow. In order to have Alexa read your messages aloud, you only need to tell her to do so.
- The yellow light usually means that there is an Amazon notice. If your package is ready to be shipped or delivered, Alexa will let you know.
If you know what the different lights on your Alexa device represent, you’ll have a better idea of whether or not you need to disable them.
What Does The Yellow Ring Look Like?
The Echo device’s light will flash yellow, pause for a few seconds, and then flash again. A yellow Echo pulse is a regular occurrence and may or may not be accompanied by an audible signal, making it easy to miss.
The yellow sign will be a ring of LED lights around the gadget’s top if your Echo has the standard cylinder or puck form. Instead of being on top of the orb like previous generations of Echo, the LED ring on the fourth-gen gadget sits at the bottom.
Instead of a circular light, the LED indication on an Echo Show should appear as a bar at the top of the display.
How To Respond to the Alexa Yellow Light
Method 1: Telling Alexa To Read Your Messages
Indicating a new message or notice from an Alexa contact, the device’s yellow light will flash whenever one is received. What notifications do I have?” to have Alexa read aloud any unwelcome messages or alerts. The yellow light will automatically switch off once Alexa has read your notifications or messages.
Method 2: Checking Amazon App Notifications
An Amazon alert is the most likely source for an Alexa notification. If you don’t want Alexa to read your signs out loud, you can always check them in the Amazon app. If you have received one, you may verify a message from an Alexa contact via the Amazon Alexa app.
Method 3: Changing Notification Settings
If you don’t want your Alexa device to alert you to new Amazon messages or alerts, you may disable that feature in the app. You can turn off all Amazon Shopping notifications or set your own preferences for what Alexa will announce.
Method 4: Don’t Tell Alexa About Purchases
To keep you informed about the progress of your order, including when it has been delivered, Alexa will periodically declare the name of the product you have ordered. So that Alexa doesn’t broadcast your every online purchase, try these steps:
- Open Alexa’s app.
- Go to the Preferences menu.
- Go to the Notifications menu, and then choose Amazon Shopping.
- Go to the bottom of the page and select the option Let Alexa recite or display the products you’ve purchased.
- Deactivate the option labeled “For item delivery updates.”
- If you purchase an item from Amazon as a gift, you can opt-out of receiving Amazon’s email updates by deselecting the corresponding box.
Method 5: Disable Alexa Pronouncing Product Titles
Suppose you’d rather not have your entire family know what you’ve bought through Alexa. You will still get alerts, but you can rest sure that the contents of your box will remain secret. If you want to achieve this, do this:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Click Menu > Settings.
- Select Amazon Shopping under Notifications.
- Here, you may disable the prompt to “title things sorted.”
- Alexa alerts will no longer offer a list of the items you purchased.
Method 6: Disable Alexa Yellow Light Alerts
A persistent yellow flashing light can become annoying very soon. Therefore, many individuals are interested in learning how to turn off the Yellow Light alerts permanently.
Those who often make purchases from Amazon will find this to be of particular use. If the alert isn’t disabled, their Alexa will flash a yellow warning light. To deactivate Alexa Yellow Light notifications:
- Download the Alexa app to your Amazon Echo device.
- Select “Settings” from the main menu.
- Select the app’s Notifications menu.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click “Amazon Shopping.”
- You may disable the yellow light alert.
- You may disable some yellow light notifications.
What are the Concerns About The Yellow Ring?
Some Alexa users may have problems with the yellow ring notice, as with everything else. More specifically, you wouldn’t want your gadget to spoil the surprise of a present you bought for someone in your home by reading out the contents.
You’ve been waiting months for a surprise like that! This is a situation when disabling the alert is recommended. If you place an order with Alexa, she won’t read it aloud or let you know when it comes.
If you’d like to double-check the details, you may use the Amazon app or website. Keep in mind that you have the ability to hide orders if both you and the recipient of the gift have an Amazon account.
By reading the article, you may know how to troubleshoot the yellow light on Alexa. The various methods present here will help you efficiently resolve the problem or maintain the yellow light.
I hope now you know the answer to your question, why is my Alexa yellow? Here, I conclude my article. For more informative articles, stay tuned!