The 0x0 0x0 Windows error is among the many errors that some users have recorded. Normally, an error code will make things clear for you in terms of diagnosing the problem.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Exact Error message for 0x0 is:
- 2 What is the 0x0 0x0 Error Code on Windows?
- 3 What Causes the 0x0 0x0 Error Code?
- 4 How to Fix the 0x0 0x0 Error Code on Your Windows Computer
- 5 Final Thoughts
The Exact Error message for 0x0 is:
Sorry! Something went wrong...
We are not quite sure what it is. To look into it further, check the insider Hub for alerts or browse the Answers Forums
This error code might be useful 0x0
The problem is expected to come from defective applications or drivers. Some processes may trigger the 0x0 0x0 error but it can also come from faulty system files
Although this problem is tricky to solve, don’t worry, we will make things easier for you. In this guide, you will learn:
- What is the 0x0 0x0 Error Code on Windows;
- What causes the 0x0 0x0 Error Code;
- How to fix the 0x0 0x0 Error on Your Windows Computer;
This guide intends to inform users how to fix the 0x0 0x0 error code by applying the most simple, quick, and free fixes on your Windows computer. So, if you’re stuck with this issue for a while now, read on to learn more.
What is the 0x0 0x0 Error Code on Windows?
The 0x0 0x0 error or a Windows runtime error code is a malfunction that forces a Windows program to behave abnormally. It will also terminate or crash any processes which are related to this issue.
This problem will also occur once your computer is not shut down properly. Any necessary updates or installations should be completed first before a proper shutdown.
What Causes the 0x0 0x0 Error Code?
Before going straight to fixing the 0x0 0x0 error code, you will first need to know all the root causes of this issue. From failed updates to malware, we will discuss them in-depth so you can have an idea of your situation.
- Failed Updates or Installations – An incorrect installation of an application can lead to various errors—one of them is the 0x0 0x0 error code.
The same also applies to failed updates, since an application will need all files to work smoothly and without errors.
- Changes in the Windows Registry – Any accidental or incorrect changes in the registry keys of a program will cause some serious issues. It can lead to a complete reinstall of the operating system if other files are also changed.
Important application data can also be lost in the process. In this case, a trusted professional can apply the necessary tools to salvage your data.
- Hardware or Software Failure – For your Windows OS to work, it needs all the necessary hardware to work without errors. A faulty graphics card, sound card, defective memory, and power-related hardware will force your Windows OS to display runtime errors like the 0x0 0x0 error code.
- Outdated Drivers – An updated device driver is crucial for your device to work properly. Any outdated drivers can potentially cause runtime errors and will lead to glitches or bugs in your computer.
- Corrupted System Files – For your programs to work properly, they need all necessary files to be available at all times. A corrupted set of files will inevitably cause errors, including the 0x0 0x0 error code.
- Malware – If your Windows computer is infected by malware, it can cause serious issues with all programs and data. Some malware will cause extensive data loss, which will lead to various kinds of errors.
Important: If your computer has serious issues, such as registry problems, corrupted files, severe hardware failure, and more, it is best to consult for professional help.
How to Fix the 0x0 0x0 Error Code on Your Windows Computer
Now that you know all the possible reasons for the 0x0 0x0 error code, we will show six methods for you to try.
It is also ideal to go through them all and see which will be the most effective fix for your computer.
Fix #1: Use System Restore
System Restore creates restore points that you can go back to when an existing driver or application causes several errors.
It is a great fit for the 0x0 0x0 Windows error since it will only remove apps, drivers, and updates that were installed after the restore point was made. Personal files and data will not be harmed.
To access a restore point, do the following:
- Using the search menu, type Control Panel and launch it.
- Go to Recovery > Open System Restore.
- Once launched, choose an existing system restore point that was created before you experienced the 0x0 0x0 error.
- Then, click Next. Your computer will now roll back on the set restore point and remove any faulty apps, updates, and drivers.
- Click Finish and see if the problem still exists.
Fix #2: Run Disk Cleanup
Disk Cleanup helps free up disk space on your hard disk, which improves system performance. It searches for temporary files and cache files. It will also delete unnecessary program files, which may cause runtime errors.
To access the Disk Cleanup tool, do the following:
- Press both Win + R keys on your keyboard to open Run.
- Type cleanmgr on the search bar and click OK. It will now open and run the Disk Cleanup program.
- Wait for the process to finish. Then, you can tick the checkbox on items that you want to delete.
- Once done, restart your computer and see if the problem persists.
Fix #3: Update All Device Drivers
If you have not recently updated all device drivers, it might cause bugs and errors. It is recommended to install the latest drivers for improved computer performance. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Run and type devmgmt.msc on the search bar. Then, click OK. Alternatively, you can right-click the Start icon and click Device Manager.
- From the options, click Display Adapters. It will display the current graphics card of your computer.
- Right-click and select Update Driver. Alternatively, you can select Uninstall device, then, click Scan for hardware changes (monitor with a magnifying glass) to force the latest driver updates.
- Do the same for other hardware drivers. Then, restart your computer.
- See if the error still shows up.
Fix #4: Install the Latest Windows Updates
Windows continuously sets updates for Windows 7 OS and up. It contains updates about security patches, hardware and software drivers; this will prompt all system files to be updated, which can solve the 0x0 0x0 runtime error.
To install the latest Windows updates, do the following:
- Click the search menu on the taskbar and type Update & Security.
- Choose Windows Update from the options on the left.
- Next, click Check for updates.
- It will now search for all pending updates that you might have missed.
- Once downloaded, you can now install them. If there are several updates, install them individually.
Also, the installation process can take several minutes, depending on the update size.
- Once done, check if the error is still there.
Fix #5: Scan for Malware and Viruses
To check if your computer is compromised by malware and viruses, you can use Windows Defender or third-party antivirus software. Also, it is necessary to first update your antivirus to ensure an accurate scan.
To scan for viruses with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:
- Open Windows Defender by clicking its icon on the taskbar. You can also use the search menu and type Windows Defender.
- Select Virus & threat protection and click Scan options.
- For a complete scan, choose Full Scan.
- Then, click Scan Now. It might take an hour or more, depending on the number of your computer’s files and programs.
- After the process is complete, check if there are any viruses in your system. If the findings are positive, clear all viruses and see if the problem still exists.
Fix #6: Reset Your Computer
If the methods above did not work, this might be your last resort. Resetting your computer will revert all settings and configurations to their factory state. You can also choose to delete all files if you have an existing backup of your data.
Here’s how you can reset your Windows computer:
- Search System in the search menu and launch it.
- Then, choose Recovery from the options and click Get started.
- You can choose to Keep my files (only removes apps and settings) or Remove everything (removes all personal files, apps, and settings).
- Next, click the Reset button to start the computer reset process.
- Once done, this will hopefully solve all existing errors, including the 0x0 0x0 Windows error code.
The 0x0 0x0 Windows error exists due to misconfiguration in an existing program or your system files. This annoying problem prevents your program from running and will lead to a less functional computer.
Hopefully, this guide will let you know all the common reasons why the 0x0 0x0 error exists and the appropriate fixes for this error. However, if your computer suffers from severe hardware problems and data loss, it might be better to consult a tech professional.