Among the latest and most popular virtual reality (VR) headsets today is the Oculus Quest 2 or also known as the Meta Quest 2. You can use it for gaming and viewing VR content, like podcasts and movies. But, Oculus users have recently asked, “can you connect AirPods to Oculus Quest 2?”.
Instead of using wired headphones or speakers, it’s better to settle with a fully-wireless setup when opting to use your AirPods. This guide will show you how to connect AirPods to Oculus Quest 2 using effective steps.
Read on to learn more.
How to Connect Your AirPods to Oculus Quest 2
Connecting your AirPods to Oculus Quest 2 is a quick and easy way to wirelessly listen to audio while using your Oculus Quest virtual reality headset. But, before following the steps below, ensure that both your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset and AirPods are fully-charged and there are no interferences nearby.
Then, follow the steps below to connect your AirPods to your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset:
- With your Apple AirPods on their casing, press and hold the pairing button at the back of the charging case until the light at the front blinks. It is now in pairing mode.
- Turn on your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset and select the Battery & Wi-Fi icons on the screen’s bottom-left corner.
- Navigate to Settings > Experimental and select the Pair button across the Bluetooth Pairing option.
- Find your AirPods on the list of nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Select its device name and choose Pair. Once successfully paired, you can use your AirPods with your Oculus Quest 2 when listening to audio.
If you cannot see your Apple AirPods on the list of wireless devices, you can try rebooting your Oculus Quest 2 headset and follow the above steps again.
If you are prompted to enter your PIN at any point and you don’t remember it, we will show you how to reset Oculus PIN codes.
How to Fix Stuttering When Playing on Oculus Quest 2 With AirPods
Compared to streaming VR content, your Oculus Quest 2 may have audio and video stuttering issues when playing games with your Apple AirPods connected. This may be caused by performance issues on your Oculus VR headset since they don’t have enough processing power to simultaneously support graphics-heavy games and Bluetooth devices.
However, this problem can be solved by using a Bluetooth transmitter. It helps to amplify your VR headset’s Bluetooth feature and decreases audio delays. Make sure to use a 3.5mm transmitter to be compatible with your Oculus Quest’s headphone jack.
To use a Bluetooth transmitter with your Oculus Quest 2 and connect to your AirPods, proceed to these steps:
- Connect the Bluetooth transmitter to your Oculus Quest 2’s headphone jack with the audio cable provided.
- Switch on your Oculus Quest 2 and navigate to Settings > Experimental.
- Choose the Pair button across the Bluetooth Pairing option.
- Select your Apple AirPods from the list of nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Wait for both devices to pair.
Using your Apple AirPods as an audio device with your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset is a great way to wirelessly listen to audio using the headset’s Bluetooth Pairing feature. However, you may have trouble connecting it without knowing the proper steps.
Hopefully, this guide helps you to connect your Apple AirPods to your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset. Contact the Meta Support Team for further assistance when you’re still having trouble connecting your AirPods and other Bluetooth devices to your Oculus Quest headset.