DirecTV Stream—formerly known as AT&T Stream—is one of the best streaming services you can get on your streaming device, including Firestick and Fire TV devices. It hosts various channels, including ABC, Lifetime, ESPN, Hallmark Channel, and more. Some Amazon Fire TV Stick users have also wondered how to install DirecTV App on Firestick.
To have DirecTV on Firestick, you’ll need to add the app to your Fire Stick device. This guide will show you the steps to DirecTV stream Firestick and compatible Amazon streaming devices with the DirecTV app. Read on to learn more.
Note: If you would rather use the Lenox Media Player, we have a guide on How to Download Lenox on Firestick which will help you.
List of Compatible Amazon Streaming Devices With Direct TV
To start streaming Direct TV on Fire Stick, it’s best to check if your Amazon Fire streaming device is compatible with the DirecTV app. Refer to the list below for Amazon streaming devices compatible with the app:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd generation or higher)
- Amazon Fire TV (2nd generation or higher)
- Amazon Fire TV Cube
- Amazon Fire TV Edition Smart TV (2nd generation or higher)
How to Watch DirecTV on Firestick
Once your Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick device is compatible with DirecTV, you can easily acquire the DirecTV app from the Amazon App Store and watch content from DirecTV using the app.
To watch DirecTV on your Amazon Firestick device, proceed to the steps below:
- Turn on your smart TV with your Fire Stick device plugged in.
- Press the Home screen on the Fire Stick remote and select Find.
- Using the on-screen keyboard, input the keywords directv stream.
- Select the DirecTV Stream app icon and choose Get or Download on the download page.
- Launch the app and sign in using your DirecTV Stream login credentials.
- You can now watch content from DirecTV using your Fire Stick device.
Take note that once DirecTV Stream is set up on your streaming device via your current WiFi network, your location becomes your residential, non-mobile home WiFi network assigned to your device. Also, access to the DirecTV app using your Amazon Fire Stick device will be limited to your home WiFi network.
However, you’ll have the option to relocate your home WiFi network and access the DirecTV Stream service in a different location up to four times a year.
The DirecTV Stream app is a must-have when you want to stream content from DirecTV using your Amazon Fire TV Stick and other Fire TV devices. Once your Amazon streaming device is compatible with the DirecTV app, you can easily download and install the app via the Amazon App Store.
Hopefully, this guide helps you install DirecTV Stream on your Amazon Fire TV Stick and Fire TV streaming device.