Disney Plus is a premier streaming service that you can use to stream content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and other partner channels. It mainly provides movies produced by The Walt Disney Studios and Walt Disney Television. It’s also supported by various streaming devices, including Amazon Firestick.
But, some users recently experienced Disney+ not working on Firestick. This is due to various reasons, mainly caused by the streaming service and the Disney Plus app. This guide will go through the most common reasons why the Disney Plus app is not working on Firestick and how to fix Disney Plus not loading on Fire Stick.
Read this guide to learn more.
Table of Contents
“Disney Plus Not Working on Firestick”—Most Common Reasons
Like other popular streaming services, Disney Plus can also have in-app problems. It can mostly be service-related or app-related. Also, it can just be due to a bug or glitch on your Firestick device. Here are the most common reasons why you’re unable to connect to Disney on Firestick:
- Service Outages – When the Disney Plus app is not working on Firestick, it’s wise first to check if the Disney Plus service is down in your area. If its server currently has issues, try waiting for a while until the server is back up and check if the app is now working. To check the server status of Disney Plus, visit this website.
- Compatibility Issues – One of the basic requirements of watching Disney Plus on 4K is 4K support on your Firestick. If you’re using a Firestick version with no 4K support, the contents from the Disney Plus app might not load.
- Account Glitch – If you cannot connect to Disney on Firestick, it might be due to an account glitch. This happens when the app does not recognize your account—logging back out and back in again might fix this issue.
- Slow Internet Connection – If you’re using Firestick with a slow internet connection, there’s a high chance that certain apps will not work. Your Firestick device needs at least 3 Mbps for SD content and 9 Mbps for HD content. Also, it’s still ideal to have a 50 Mbps download speed or greater to stream content from Disney Plus and other streaming services constantly. If your Firestick cannot connect to the internet at all, read what to do when your Firestick keeps losing internet connection.
How to Fix Disney+ Not Working on Firestick
Besides checking if the Disney+ server is down, you’ll need to see if your smart TV is within your WiFi signal. Ensure you’re as near as possible to receive a strong signal and have the required bandwidth to stream content from the app. As mentioned earlier, ideally, you’ll need at least 50 Mbps bandwidth or higher to stream content on-demand continuously.
If you have a strong and fast internet connection but cannot access the Disney Plus app on Firestick, try the fixes below. Remember to review them individually to see which fix works best for your Firestick.
Fix #1: Reset your Firestick
You’ll need to reset your Firestick device if you’re experiencing app crashes, delayed sounds, screen freezing, and other issues. It temporarily closes all active apps on your streaming device, including ones causing problems. There are two main ways to reset your Firestick:
- With your Firestick turned on, press and hold the Center and Play buttons on the Firestick remote for fifteen seconds.
- Wait for the restart process to finish and launch the Disney Plus app. Check if it’s now working.
Restart via Settings
- Press and hold the Center button on the Firestick remote for a few seconds.
- Select Settings > My Fire TV and choose Restart.
- Once finished, open the Disney Plus app and see if the issue is fixed.
Resetting your Firestick is also a good solution if you are experiencing the dreaded Fire Stick Black Screen.
Fix #2: Re-log In to your Disney Plus Account
If you cannot connect to Disney on Firestick, try logging out of your Disney Plus account and logging back in. This way, you’ll potentially solve the issue in case an account glitch causes it.
When logging in, ensure that you input the correct login details. Then, you can check if the Disney Plus app now recognizes your account.
Fix #3: Force Stop the Disney Plus App and Clear Cache
The Disney Plus app on your Firestick can malfunction when using old cache data. When cache data accumulates on your device, it can potentially overwrite other app data, which causes errors and app freezing.
To force stop Disney Plus and clear cache on Firestick, proceed to these steps:
- Switch on your Firestick and navigate to Settings > Applications.
- Select Manage Installed Applications and choose Disney+.
- Select Force Stop and choose Clear Data. Once it’s cleared, select Clear Cache.
- Reboot your Firestick and launch the Disney+ app. If prompted, log in to your Disney+ account.
- Check if the problem is solved.
Fix #4: Update the Firmware of your Firestick Device
Some apps might not load properly if your Firestick has outdated firmware. Fortunately, you can easily update your Firestick OS if you have access to a stable WiFi connection. Some updates contain compatibility fixes that might help you to open installed apps, including Disney Plus.
To update the firmware of your Firestick device to the latest version, do the following:
- Turn on your Firestick device and go to Settings > My Fire TV > About.
- Select Install Update. Your Firestick will now begin to find and download the latest software updates.
- Choose the newest OS update and select Install.
- Reboot your Firestick device and open Disney Plus. See if you’re still experiencing problems.
Fix #5: Reinstall Disney+ on your Firestick
If clearing the app data didn’t work, you can try reinstalling the Disney+ app on your Firestick. Errors can occur if your streaming device still uses an old Disney Plus app version. It also forces your device to have the latest app version, so it’s a risk-free solution for this issue.
To reinstall Disney+ on your Firestick, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Settings > Applications and select Manage Installed Applications.
- Select the Disney+ app and choose Uninstall.
- Then, reboot your device, go to Settings > Applications , and select Appstore.
- Search for the Disney+ app and select Install.
- Launch the app and log in to your account. Check if you can now stream Disney+ content.
Fix #6: Reset your Firestick to Factory Defaults
When all fixes above don’t work, your last resort is to reset your Firestick to factory defaults. It uninstalls all downloaded apps and deletes user data, including downloaded media, app files, and configurations. However, this proven solution worked for some users who experienced the same Disney Plus app issue.
To reset your Firestick to factory defaults, follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on the Firestick remote and go to Settings > My Fire TV.
- Select Reset to Factory Defaults. Wait for the process to finish.
- Then, set up your Firestick device and connect it to your WiFi network.
- Go to the Appstore and download Disney+. Launch the app and log in to your account.
- Check if the Disney Plus not working on Firestick problem is fixed.
The Disney Plus app is an excellent service for streaming various Disney content and partner brands. It’s supported by Amazon Firestick and is accessible via the Disney+ app. Hopefully, this guide helps you when experiencing issues with the Disney+ app on Firestick.