Epic Games is a popular video game developer and publisher based in North California, USA. It was founded by Tim Sweeney, formerly named Potomac Computer Systems in 1991. Epic Games developed the Unreal Engine, a commercial game engine that powers various mainstream video games such as Fortnite, Gears of War, and the Blade game series.
To play games developed by Epic Games on various devices, you’ll need to first activate your account through https://www.epicgames.com/activate/. This guide will show you how you can activate and link your Epic Games account via www.epicgames.com/activate/ on any device.
Table of Contents
How to Activate Epicgames.com on Any Device via https//www.epicgames.com/activate
Epic Game Launcher
To play games such as Fortnite and other similar games on your computer, you’ll need to first download the Epic Games Launcher. Besides launching the game, you can receive your activation code through it. To activate Epic Games using the Epic Games Launcher, follow these steps:
- Download the Epic Games Launcher via their official website and install it on your computer. The app is available on both Windows and macOS.
- Open it and log in to your Epic Games account.
- Launch a game. It will then show an activation code that you’ll use to activate your account.
- Open the default browser of your computer and go to www.epicgames.com/activate/ and enter the eight-digit activation code.
- Wait for a few seconds. Your Epic Games account will now be linked to the game.
Another great way to play various games from Epic Games is through your PS4. You must have a valid PlayStation Network account for this method. To link your PS4 to your Epic Games account, proceed to these steps:
- Using your PS4 console, navigate to the Epic Games’ official website and choose Sign In.
- Select Sign In With Epic Games and enter your account details.
- Then, select your account thumbnail and choose Account.
- Click Connections > Accounts. You will now see various platforms to which you can link your Epic Games account.
- Select the Connect button that’s below PlayStation Network.
- On another window, click Link Account and log in to your PlayStation Network account.
- Once successful, your PSN account is now linked and you’ll see a Disconnect button below the PSN logo.
Similar to the PS4, you can also connect your Xbox Live to your Epic Games account. This account will be automatically used when you’re playing console games from Epic Games. To link your Xbox to your Epic Games account, do the following:
- Turn on your Xbox console and navigate to Epic Games’ official site.
- Select Sign In and choose Sign In With Epic Games. Enter your login credentials.
- Select your account thumbnail and go to Account > Connections.
- On the Accounts tab select the Connect button below Xbox.
- On the new window, select Link Account and enter the login details for your Xbox Live account.
- Your Xbox will now be linked to your Epic Games account.
This is a similar process to how you activate PeacockTV.com/TV on Xbox.
Once you have it up & running, read our guide on how to copy the famous Gamer Ninja’s Fortnite Settings, Crosshair & Config.
How to Redeem A Code on My Epic Games Account
To successfully add a newly bought game from Epic Games to your Launcher Library, you’ll need to have a product or retail code. There are two ways to redeem a retail code to your Epic Games account:
Redeem via Epic Games Launcher
- Launch the Epic Games Launcher on your computer and log in to your account.
- On the home page, select your account thumbnail located at the bottom-left corner of the screen and select Redeem Code.
- Enter the alphanumeric code shown on the DVD or receipt on the Epic Games product that you’ve purchased.
- You will now receive a confirmation message when the code is successfully redeemed.
- Go back to the Home page and check if the game is added to your Library.
Redeem via https://www.epicgames.com/store
- Open your computer’s default browser and navigate to www.epicgames.com/store.
- Select Sign In and click Sign In With Epic Games.
- Enter your login details and click your account thumbnail. Select Redeem.
- Enter the retail code. You will soon receive a confirmation message when the code is successfully redeemed and the game should be added to your Epic Games Launcher Library.
To make the most out of your games on Epic Games, you’ll need to activate or link your Epic Games account. It saves your in-game progress and lets you participate in various competitions and leaderboards. You’ll also need to enter the right redeem code to successfully add a game to your Launcher Library.
Hopefully, this guide helps you to activate your Epic Games account on any device and successfully redeem a product code from a game or app purchase from Epic Games.