More iOS users nowadays are making their transactions online than in-store. This can vary from essential goods, subscriptions, apps, e-books, etc. Most online transactions of iPhone users are made through the Apple App Store.
However, some iPhone users are curious about checking their Apple purchase history on their Apple account and how to delete them. This is because online transactions are considered confidential data that hackers can exploit. In this guide, we’ll show you how to delete purchase history on iPhone 2022 using simple methods.
Table of Contents
Why Should I Delete My Apple Purchase History on iPhone?
As mentioned earlier, your online purchase history is confidential for various reasons. One common reason to delete your purchase history is the possibility of a data breach. Most fraudsters and scammers can use your online transactions to trace your activity and use it for fraud.
Somehow, this puts your payment methods at risk, especially when they’re saved to your Apple account. Data of this kind can also be potentially sold to unknown third-party companies, which study your spending habits.
If you are concerned about privacy, you may also be interested in our article on How to Delete a Message on iPhone From Both Sides and How To Change Caller ID on iPhone.
Deleting Your Purchase History on iPhone
Unfortunately, Apple has not yet released a feature where you can delete your online purchases on the App Store. But, you can instead hide them from anyone who has access to your account. Below are two main methods to hide your purchase history on various Apple devices.
Method #1: Hide Your Purchase History on iPhone via the App Store
To hide your purchase history on your iPhone made via the App Store, follow these steps:
- Open your iPhone and launch the App Store.
- Select your profile avatar or thumbnail on the top-right corner of the screen. This will open the Account page.
- Select Purchased. You will now see all your installed apps in the All tab.
- Swipe the app you purchased to the left and tap the Hide button.
Method #2: Hide Your iPhone App Store Purchases via iTunes
If you have access to the latest version of the iTunes app on your Mac, you can use it to hide the App Store purchases made using your Apple account. To do this, proceed to these steps:
- Open your Mac computer or MacBook and launch iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable and tap Trust this computer on your iPhone device.
- Go to the iTunes Store and go to your Apple account.
- Select Purchased and find the app you wish to hide from the list.
- Select the cross button on the upper-left corner of the app icon to Hide.
Keeping your personal information safe on the internet is essential, mainly due to the increasing number of iPhone users today. Data such as online purchases can be used to track your online activity and spending habits illegally. It can also be used for fraud and other suspicious acts by hackers and scammers.
Hopefully, this guide helps you delete your iPhone purchase history via the App Store and iTunes. If you’ve experienced suspicious activities and data breaches on your Apple account, contact Apple Support for further assistance.