Are you wondering how to save audio from Tumblr?
Tumblr is one of the oldest social networking platforms around. First launched in 2007, the site took off among high school and college-aged crowds in 2011, reaching its peak in 2013.
Although it’s no longer as popular today as other platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok, Tumblr still does have millions of users that enjoy its various features, like the ability to upload and share music.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a built-in function to save music from posts, which can be troublesome for users who want to download that catchy song that they couldn’t get out of their heads.
If you want to know how to download song from Tumblr, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we’ll teach you how to download Tumblr audio.
Table of Contents
How to Download Tumblr Audio On Your Browser
You can download audio from Tumblr using a variety of methods. This first method is one of the simplest since you only need your browser to do it.
Here are the steps:
- Navigate to Tumblr’s website on your browser and log into your account.
- Now that you’re in the Tumblr feed, you can look for the specific post containing the audio you want to download. You can also use the search bar to search for that particular post.
- Once you find the audio you want to save, play it for a few seconds.
- Then, right-click on the audio player to bring up a menu.
- Near the bottom of the menu, you’ll find the option “Inspect” or “Inspect Element.” Click it.
- A new box will pop up on the right side of your window. This will contain the codes that run that website. It may look a little complicated and intimidating, but you shouldn’t worry about it.
- On the top-most part of the box, you will find window names that tell you which part of the website’s code you’re on. Check to see if you’re on the Elements window.
- The other windows are called Console, Sources, and Network. There should also be an arrow bar that will open more windows such as Performance, etc.
At this point, you can download your audio in two ways: via the Elements tab or the Network tab.
The Elements tab is the simplest method of downloading your audio file straight from the browser.
- Double-check to see if you’re on the Elements tab, which is the default tab when you click Inspect.
Additionally, make sure that you specifically right-clicked on the media player of the audio file that you want to download. This is crucial for the next steps.
- If you right-clicked your audio’s media player, you should see specific lines of code highlighted on the Inspect Elements window.
This should contain a link that includes “.mp3” or “audio_file.”
- Once you’ve found the link, copy the URL and then open a new tab.
- On the new tab, paste the URL and hit enter.
- It should bring you to a web page that only contains the audio file you want to download, displayed as a media player. If you don’t see a media player, it means you copied the wrong URL.
- To check if you have the right audio, click the Play button.
- Next, right-click on the media player to bring up the menu.
- From here, choose the “Save audio as” option. You will then be able to download this audio file like any other file.
Although it’s a bit more complicated, you can also use the Network tab to isolate and download the Tumblr audio file.
- Look for the Network tab and click it.
- If you can’t see it, it may be hidden. Click the arrows or the “>>” sign to see more options, including Network.
- Keep the Inspect Element window open, but go back to the browser’s main window.
- Play the audio that you want to download. This should make the audio player show up in the window of codes that you have opened.
- If all goes well, the codes that run the audio file should show up on the Inspect window.
- You will see several columns, namely Name, Status, Type, Initiator, and Size. To proceed, right-click or control + click the Size column. This should display additional columns beside Size.
- From here, you will need to specifically click the audio file that you want to download. However, it will be one of the many codes that you can find in the window, so you need to isolate the media file to open it.
To do this, look at the Type column – your file should be labeled as “media.”
- Once you’ve determined that it’s the correct audio, right-click the media file to bring up the menu.
- Choose “Open in new tab.”
- This should bring you to a new tab where only the audio file is present. On the new page, you should see a single media player.
- From here, right-click on the media player to bring up another options menu.
- Click “Save audio as.” You will now be able to download the Tumblr audio file like any other media file.
How to Download Tumblr Audio with a Tumblr Audio Downloader
There’s another method of downloading Tumblr from your browser that won’t require you to find specific words within lines of code.
Using a Tumblr audio downloader makes Tumblr music downloads easy. Anyone can do it in just a few simple steps.
The first step is selecting which app or extension to use. Two possible options are Audio Downloader Prime and TumTaster.
Audio Downloader Prime is a free extension that you can get for both Chrome and Firefox, while TumTaster is only available on Google Chrome.
After choosing the extension, follow the procedure below:
- On the extension page, click “Add to Chrome” or “Add to Firefox” and wait for the process to finish.
- Once the extension is installed, you should see it on the add-ons section of your Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- You can now go to Tumblr to visit the post containing the audio file.
- Play the audio for a few seconds to allow the extension to recognize the file.
- Click the extension icon on your browser.
- You should see the audio file link on a list of downloadable files.
- Choose the audio file that you want and then download it.
How to Download Tumblr Audio On Your Phone
You can also do Tumblr music downloads on your Android phone. You won’t be using your browser, though. Instead, you have to download an app from the Google Playstore to save your Tumblr audio.
There are currently many different apps on the Playstore, but Timbloader is one of the most reliable.
Here are the steps:
- Search for Timbloader on Google Playstore and click Download.
- The app should install automatically on your phone.
- Once Timbloader is up and running, go ahead and open the Tumblr app.
- Navigate to the post with your chosen audio file.
- On the post’s audio player, copy the file link. You can do this by clicking the Share option.
- Go back to Timbloader and paste the link on the field, and hit enter.
- You can now download the attached file.
Downloading Tumblr Audio: Final Thoughts
Tumblr is a popular social media site with millions of users and tons of multimedia material. You may want to save an audio file to keep memories or use it in your own posts.
Related: Undelete Reddit Posts
Regardless of your reasons, it’s important that you know how to download Tumblr audio quickly and efficiently. With this article, you have everything you need to do just that!