To answer that question, we’ll have to give you good news and bad news. The good news is that playing Roblox on Chromebooks is possible! It won’t be long before you are playing JailBreak, Adopt Me or using Roblox Music Codes to play your tunes while you game. On the other hand, getting the game to run will be a challenge.
If you’ve already tried Browserstack on Chrome OS, we think you’d agree that it’s not the most reliable platform to play games.
To help you out, we’ve found four Browserstack alternatives to play Roblox on your Chromebook:
- Using the Google Play Store
- With Chrome Remote Access
- With Linux OS
- With Crossover
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- 1 Can you play Roblox on a Chromebook?
- 2 5 Ways to Play Roblox on Chromebooks
- 3 Conclusion
Can you play Roblox on a Chromebook?
As we’ve said, playing games on a laptop that runs on a Chrome OS device will have its limitations.
While it’s definitely possible to play Roblox on your Chromebook, it’s not as easy as playing the game on a Windows laptop. You’ll need some techie skills to hack your Chromebook for Roblox support.
Roblox and Browserstack on Chromebooks
You can use Browserstack to play Roblox on your Chromebook. But as most people know, this method isn’t the best. Roblox is constantly updated and patched for security, so you’ll most likely end up with a laggy and frustrating gaming experience.
In the worst-case scenario, Roblox becomes unplayable using Browserstack.
5 Ways to Play Roblox on Chromebooks
To help you out, we’ve tested different how-to guides and tutorials to bring you the three easiest ways to play Roblox on Chromebooks.
Play Roblox on Chromebook Using the Google Play Store
One of the easiest ways to play Roblox on your Chromebook is through the Google Play Store.
If your Chromebook was released after 2017, it’s likely compatible with Google Play Store. But here’s how you can double-check:
- Click on your Chrome OS user photo.
- Click the Settings button (gear icon).
- This will bring you to the Chrome OS settings window. Search for “Google Play Store.” If it’s not available, likely, your Chromebook doesn’t support the application.
- Click Turn On and agree to the Terms of Service to enable the Google Play Store,
From here, you can proceed to install Roblox:
- Launch the Chrome Browser.
- Visit Google Play Store, and open the Roblox page.
- Click Install.
- Wait for Roblox to download, then select Open.
- To launch Roblox on your Chrome Browser, navigate to your Chromebook’s Launcher icon and choose Roblox.
In our opinion, this is the fastest and most straightforward way to play Roblox on your Chromebook.
Play Roblox on Chromebook Using Chrome Remote Desktop
With the Chrome Remote Desktop app, you can play emulated games installed on a Windows device on your Chromebook.
It’s a little tricky to understand, so let’s dive into that a bit. Since Chromebooks aren’t meant for gaming, you can “mirror” games from an external computer and play them on your Chromebook.
With Chrome Remote Desktop App, you can access your Chromebook from another computer, files, and all. It works the other way around, too –– you can access another computer on your Chromebook. The external computer can be Windows, Linux, or macOS.
Basically, you’ll be connecting your Chromebook to an external Windows laptop or computer to play Roblox.
This method is a bit complicated as you’ll need two devices to use Chrome Remote Access: your Chromebook and an external computer. You’ll also need fast and reliable internet access for both devices.
Here’s how to get Chrome Remote Access on your two devices:
- Access the Chrome Web Store, and get the Chrome Remote Desktop app on your Chromebook and external computer or laptop.
- Download and install the Chrome Remote Desktop app on both devices.
- Remember that you will also need the Chrome Web Browser installed on both devices.
- On your Chromebook, navigate to My Computers, then Get Started.
- Choose Enable remote connections.
- Then Enable Chrome Remote Host on your external computer.
- Now on your external computer, enter the PIN to confirm your Google account.
- If you check your Chromebook, you’ll find the external computer under “My Computers.”
That’s only half of it. Now here’s how to play Roblox using Chrome Remote Access:
- On your Chromebook: Open your Chrome browser and Launch the Chrome Remote Desktop app.
- Under My Computers, click the computer where Roblox is installed. Enter the PIN.
- Click Connect, and you should be able to access the computer with Roblox.
While this is a nifty trick, remember that this method will have its faults. Chrome Remote Desktop allows you to control another computer using your Chromebook but anticipates frustrating lags and frame rate or bandwidth issues.
3. Play Roblox on Chromebook Using the Linux OS
Playing Roblox on a Chromebook with Linux OS is a bit too complicated, but it’s one of the most popular ways to get the job done.
Basically, you have to install a different operating system (Linux), then use either a virtual machine or WineHQ to run Roblox and other Windows applications.
- Reboot your laptop by pressing the Esc + Refresh + Power button.
- Press Ctrl + D to enter Developer mode.
- Press Enter when prompted to turn off OS verification.
- Wait for the reboot to complete until you see the Chrome OS welcome screen.
- Install Linux Ubuntu in your Chromebook using Crouton.
- For Virtual Machines: Download the Roblox version compatible with your OS.
- For WineHQ: Install the WineHQ software, then download the latest Windows version of Roblox. Run the Roblox “.exe” file on WineHQ.
You can now play Roblox on your Chromebook!
When you start Roblox, if you get “Error code 267”, please check out our guide How to Fix Error Code 267 in Roblox.
4. Play Roblox on Chromebook using Crossover
Crossover is a compatibility layer based on WINE, and can be used to run Windows programs like Roblox on a chromebook. For full details on Crossover, check out our post on How to Run .exe Files on Chromebook
5. Play Roblox in your Browser
There are now sites that allow you to play Roblox in your browser (chrome or other). Check out our article Roblox Now.gg – Play Roblox in Your Browser which goes into more detail.
While it’s not the easiest thing to do, you can play Roblox on your Chromebook! (and if you like Roblox, check out our guide on How to Get Fortnite on Chromebook)
We’ve listed three Browserstack alternatives to get Roblox up and running on your Chromebook:
- Using the Google Play Store
- With Remote Control Desktop
- By installing Linux
If you have Google Play compatibility on your Chromebook, the first method is the easiest to pull through. However, if you don’t have Google Play on your Chromebook, try the other two methods.