Among the mainstream social media sites on the internet today is Facebook. The app allows its users to post, comment, and share content with other users who agreed to be their friends or posts just shared publicly. When adding new friends to your account, they will show up on the Recently Added list.
But, you may be wondering where this list is located on your Facebook profile. This guide will show you various ways to check your recent friend adds or who recently added you and how to see someone’s recently added friends on Facebook.
Read this guide to learn more.
Table of Contents
Checking Your Recent Friend Adds on Facebook
Via Windows Computer, Laptop, or Mac
Although the Recently Added button was removed on Facebook’s web version, you can still check your recent friend adds on your Facebook account using a chronological list. To check your recent friend adds on your Windows computer, laptop, or Mac, follow these steps:
- Launch your default browser and visit www.facebook.com.
- Log in to your Facebook account and click your Profile thumbnail on the top-right corner of the site.
- Select the three-dot icon on the right, below the Edit profile button.
- Choose Activity log and select the Connections tab to expand it.
- Click Added friends. You will now see a chronological list of your added friends on Facebook. You can click each activity to view their profile.
Via the Facebook App
Depending on your phone or tablet’s OS, you can see your recent friend adds on the Facebook app. Here’s how you can do it on Android and iOS devices:
- Launch the Facebook app on your Android phone and tap the hamburger menu in the top-right corner of the menu bar.
- Tap your profile thumbnail and select See all friends.
- Choose the Recent tab. Here, you’ll see your recently added friends.
Another way to see your recently added friends is through the Activity Log. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile and tap the three-dot icon beside the Edit profile button.
- Select Activity log and expand the Connections option.
- Choose Added friends. You will now see all your recently added friends in chronological order.
- Tap your profile thumbnail on the top-left corner of the app.
- Choose See all friends and select the Recent tab. All your recent friend adds will be displayed here.
- If you cannot see any friend adds, go back to your profile and select the three-dot icon beside the Edit profile icon.
- Choose Activity log and navigate to Connections > Added friends.
- You will now see all your added friends in chronological order.
How to See Someone’s Recently Added Friends on Facebook
You can see your friend’s recent friend adds using the same methods above. To do it, you’ll need to search for your friend’s profile and navigate to the Recent tab to see their recently added friends.
But, this can depend on your friend’s privacy settings. If they manage to hide the Friends list, you cannot see all of his friends, including recently added ones. You can also see who views your Facebook videos.
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms today. With it, you can connect with other users by posting, commenting, and sharing content on your profile. When adding a friend just recently, you can see it through the Recent tab in the Friends list.
Hopefully, this guide helps you to see your recent friend adds on Facebook, including checking someone’s recently added friends.