Vizio smart TVs are great streaming devices with various useful features, one of which is AirPlay. It helps you cast content on your smart TV from iOS and Mac devices. This comes in handy when you want to stream saved media from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to your Vizio TV or a specific streaming service is only available on your iOS device.
This guide will cover how to turn on AirPlay on Vizio TV through easy-to-do methods. So if you’re wondering how to AirPlay to TV using your Vizio smart TV, read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
How to Enable AirPlay Feature on Vizio TV
To ensure that your Vizio TV has AirPlay support, it needs to have a year model of 2018 and greater. So, if your Vizio TV was bought that year or later, it supports AirPlay. However, if you own an older TV version, consider purchasing a new Vizio TV to access newer features such as AirPlay.
Also, you’ll need to have your Vizio TV’s firmware up-to-date. To update your Vizio TV manually, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Vizio TV and ensure it’s connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Press the V button on the remote and navigate to System > Check for Updates.
- Your Vizio TV will now search for the latest updates.
- If an update is available, select it and choose Install. Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions.
Once your TV has a year model of 2018 or greater and updated firmware, you can proceed to enable AirPlay. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Press the SmartCast button on the TV remote.
- Choose Extras > AirPlay and select AirPlay Settings.
- Set AirPlay to On.
If enabled, the AirPlay icon will appear next to the Cast icon when playing content on media players. When wondering how to turn off AirPlay on Vizio TV, follow the steps above and set the AirPlay feature from On to Off.
How to Use AirPlay From a Streaming App on Your iOS Device
With AirPlay enabled on your Vizio TV, you can now use your iPhone or iPad to cast content to your smart TV via AirPlay-compatible streaming apps, such as Disney+, Netflix, YouTube TV, Hulu, etc. We have a guide that shows how to get HBO Max On your Vizio Smart TV and it uses Airplay.
To use AirPlay to cast content from your iOS device to your Vizio TV, proceed to the steps below:
- Turn on your Vizio TV and connect it to the same wireless network as your iPhone.
- Launch your desired streaming app on your iPhone and select the movie or TV show you want to cast.
- Tap the AirPlay icon on the media player and choose your Vizio TV on the list of AirPlay devices.
- Once connected, content from your smartphone will be cast on your smart TV.
To mirror your iPhone’s screen to your Vizio TV via AirPlay, do the following:
- Open your iPhone and swipe from the bottom up to open the Control Center.
- Tap the Screen Mirroring icon (two rectangles overlapping) and choose your Vizio TV on the list of devices.
- After connecting both devices, your iPhone’s screen will mirror your TV’s display.
How to Use AirPlay On Your Mac Computer
Similar to using AirPlay on iOS devices, you can also use the feature on Mac computers and MacBooks. However, you’ll need to follow different steps. To AirPlay your Mac to your Vizio TV, proceed to these steps:
- Turn on your Mac computer or laptop and select the AirPlay icon on the Menu Bar.
- To use your TV as a second or third display, select the Use As Separate Display option.
- Choose your Vizio TV from the list of AirPlay devices.
- Once connected, you can now use your Mac to cast content saved on your computer, use a streaming app, or stream content from a streaming website via Safari.
AirPlay is useful when connecting your iOS or Mac device to your Vizio TV. When both devices are connected via AirPlay, you can easily stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to your Vizio TV. However, your Vizio SmartCast TV needs to have a year model of 2018 or later to support this feature.
Hopefully, this guide helps you how to turn on and off AirPlay on your Vizio TV and how to use it on various Apple devices.