In Roblox, there are various games that you can join. Due to its growing popularity, players are proactively contributing to the multitude of user-generated games. These games can range from roleplays, obby (obstacle-based), FPS, and so much more.
Despite its growth, some users are experiencing a variety of errors—one of them is the Roblox error code 524. It reportedly shows up once you cannot join a game due to server or connection issues. This is also considered an authorization error.
But how do you fix the Roblox error code 524? In this guide, we’ll go over the causes of this problem, as well as some proven fixes to help you regain access to these game servers. So, make sure to read this comprehensive guide fully.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Error Code 524 in Roblox?
- 2 Possible Reasons for the Roblox Error Code 524
- 3 Ways to Fix Roblox Error Code 524
- 4 Final Thoughts
What is Error Code 524 in Roblox?
The Roblox error code 524 is one of the few authorization errors in Roblox. This Roblox join error prevents you from being accepted on a game server. It might be due to a connection or server issue. The following error messages will show up on your screen:
Join Error: You don’t have permission to join this game (Error Code: 524)
Join Error: Not authorized to join this game (Error Code: 524)
Possible Reasons for the Roblox Error Code 524
Before going straight into fixing the problem, here are some probable reasons why the Roblox error code 524 appears in the first place:
- Server Maintenance – Due to the large number of game servers on Roblox, they also need enough time to do some maintenance work. A prelude to scheduled maintenance are errors—one of them is the Roblox error code 524.
- The Server is Exclusive – Some servers in Roblox have permissions that you will need to complete. Creators can choose to make their server exclusive or V.I.P. only. It means that you will need an invitation to have access to this game.
- Premature Account – As a preventive measure against hackers and bots, Roblox can also limit access to accounts that are not a month old. It also means that you cannot join some games due to the age of your account.
- Browser Extensions – If you are playing Roblox on your default browser, some extensions—such as ad blockers—can cause errors in the game. These extensions may block specific processes that are important in running the game smoothly.
- Faulty Game Files – Like any other game issue, there is always a chance that a set of game files are causing this problem. You will need all Roblox game files to be complete and updated for it to run normally.
Error Code 524 is similar to Roblox Error Code 103 which is also to do with errors that prevent you joining games.
Ways to Fix Roblox Error Code 524
Now that you know what the Roblox error code 524 is and its possible causes, here are some fixes you can apply to your computer. Make sure to try all of them and see which one works for you.
Fix #1: Check if Roblox Servers are Down
One of the reasons for this problem is scheduled server maintenance or an abrupt problem with the game servers. The first thing to do is to visit Roblox Status; this site lets you know if there are any server problems on Roblox. It also updates constantly so you will know firsthand if there are any server problems.
Fix #2: Change Invitation Settings
If you’re entering a private server, you will need to obtain an invitation from someone who has access to the server itself. But what if you cannot receive any invitations from your friends? What you need to do is to change the invitation settings for your Roblox account.
Here’s how you can change your Roblox account invitation settings:
- Log in to your Roblox account.
- Click on the gear icon (Settings) and choose the Privacy tab on the left.
- Under Other Settings, go to Who can invite me to private servers? and change it to Everyone.
- Ask once again for an invite from your friend or an administrator from the private server. Once you accept it, join the server and check if the error still appears.
Fix #3: Wait for your Account to be a Month Old (Only for New Accounts)
Some players that have experienced this error reportedly had relatively new accounts (less than a month old). Due to this policy by Roblox, try and wait for a month or more to pass the threshold. Then, try to join various games and see if the error persists.
Fix #4: Disable AdBlock and Other Extensions
Though ad blockers such as AdBlock, uBlock Origin, AdGuard, and other related extensions are a great help in your browsing experience, it becomes a problem in games such as Roblox.
As mentioned earlier, these apps can block important processes which you will need to successfully join a server. What you can do is disable AdBlock on the Roblox page only.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Roblox on your browser.
- From the extension icons, left-click on the AdBlock icon (red stop sign with a hand). Under Pause on this site, click Always.
- Relaunch your browser and log in once more to your account. Join a game and see if the error still shows.
Tip: Alternatively, you can open Roblox on Incognito mode as this feature completely disables any trackers and extensions installed on your browser.
To uninstall an extension on Chrome, follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome and click the three vertical dots (More options).
- Hover your cursor on the More tools option and select Extensions.
- You will now see all installed extensions on Chrome. To remove an extension, click the Remove button under the description.
Fix #5: Reinstall Roblox
Once you begin to experience more problems with Roblox, you can try to reinstall the Roblox application, as well as its game clients. This will re-download all the latest game files and can potentially fix all errors, including the Roblox error code 524.
To reinstall Roblox on Windows, follow these steps:
- Using the search menu, type in Programs and Features and open it.
- Find Roblox and all related Roblox client apps. Then, choose Uninstall.
- After the uninstallation process is complete, restart your computer.
- Next, open the Microsoft Store and search for Roblox.
- Click Install.
- Once it is installed, launch Roblox and log in to your account. Try to join some game servers and see if the problem persists.
Note: If you are playing Roblox on your default browser, you can clear all browsing data by going to More Options > More tools > Clear browsing data, or by pressing the CTRL+SHIFT+DEL keys on your keyboard.
Fix #6: Play Roblox in your Browser
If you play Roblox in your browser, you will completely avoid any issues to do with a faulty local installation. We have an article which explains how to set up Roblox Now.gg and get playing immediately.
Roblox is one of the most popular games on the internet today. Millions of users are constantly joining game servers to socialize and have fun. However, join errors such as Roblox error code 524 can also occur on your end and will prevent you from joining a game server. Hence, you can try the listed fixes above and see if it solves this issue.