Roblox is a massively multiplayer online (MMO) gaming platform that has over a million players active daily. It is a fun gaming community with lots of user-generated games readily available to be played. Roblox is available on various gaming platforms, including Xbox One.
Few Xbox users have however reported some errors on joining games, particularly Roblox Error Code 103. Although this might happen on some other platforms, most of it occurred exclusively on Xbox One.
The Roblox Error Code 103 displays this message:
The Roblox game you are trying to join is not currently available. Error Code: 103
If this appears on your window, chances are you cannot join your friends to play all games on Roblox. So, how can you solve this issue? Check this guide out to learn more.
Table of Contents
Possible Reasons for Roblox Error Code 103
Roblox Error Code 103 appears due to several reasons—most of which are related to your account restrictions. To be more specific, here are some possible reasons why Roblox Error Code 103 appears on your screen:
- Age Restrictions – Roblox does not allow profiles that have an age of 13 years old and below. This policy is strictly enforced in XBox, more so than in other platforms, such as Windows OS, macOS, and Android. In other terms, this is called the Date-of-birth issue.
- Firmware Glitches – When playing Roblox, your console stores temporary data on its RAM. This can also be confused with the original game files and will lead to errors such as the Roblox Error Code 103.
- Privacy Issues – If you are using a child account, it has an added layer of settings to make it secure—one of which blocks content from other users. The setting Content from other people may be disabled.
- NAT issue – This problem is related to the port settings on your router. A tweak in the UPnP setting can help solve the Roblox Error Code 103
If you playing on a PC or Playstation, then authorizaton errors are usually Roblox Error Code 524. Error Code 610 is similar, but is more to do with internet connection issues than permission/auth issues.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 103
Now that you know all the reasons behind the Roblox Error Code 103, you can try to solve this issue by following the detailed methods below. You must follow all steps to see which one is the most effective solution for your console.
1. Create a New Roblox Account (Age 18 and Up)
The most apparent fix to this issue is to create a new account that is fitted for 18 years old and above. This eliminates the possibility of a DOB (date-of-birth) issue from occurring again. If your child uses a child account, you can supervise his activity instead of relying on Roblox’s restrictions.
The same goes with accounts that were created on PC; as long as the age logged in the account is below 13, this will cause the same issue. To create a new account on Roblox, do the following:
- Using a browser on your PC or smartphone, visit this page to create an account in Roblox.
- On the page, click the Sign-Up button in the top right corner.
- You will be prompted to enter your details. Ensure that you input a birthday that’s on or above 18 years old.
- Enter your log-in details and click the Sign-Up button below to confirm. Then, follow the instructions on verifying your newly created Roblox account.
- Once successful, register the Roblox account on your Xbox One by clicking on Sign in as your Roblox Account.
- Check if the issue persists.
2. Allow “Content from other people” on a Child Account
Each child account in Roblox has strict restrictions, one of which would not allow you to play content made by other users. Though this might be useful on other platforms, it’s deemed useless in Roblox.
If you have access to the Parent account, it can be solved with ease. If you are on a child account, it is also worth checking if the “Content from other people” setting is enabled. Here’s how you can do it:
- On your Xbox One console, log in to your Parent account and go to My games & apps.
- Then, select the Settings menu.
- Next, scroll down to the Family tab and choose the current Child account you’re experiencing issues on.
- Under the Privacy menu, choose Custom to freely change any Privacy preferences.
- Scroll through the options and find See content other people make. Change its status to Allow and save any changes.
- Once done, reboot your Xbox One console and sign in using the child account. Check if the Roblox Error Code 103 still appears.
3. Fix any Port Forwarding Issue on your Router
Roblox uses the NAT (Network Address Translation) feature on your internet settings. This is due to the nature of Roblox as an online multiplayer gaming platform.
Though most routers nowadays will take care of this issue themselves, the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) setting might be disabled. This setting was maybe changed, along with other router settings, or they were disabled by default.
To check if your router has port forwarding issues, follow the steps below:
- Open the browser on your computer and type in one of the two IP addresses to access your router’s settings.
- You will be taken to a login page. Enter your recent login credentials and hit Log in. If you did not access your router settings before, the default credentials are usually admin (username) and 1234 (password).
Tip: Your router username and password may depend on the manufacturer, so make sure to search for your router’s brand and model first to verify.
- After logging in successfully, go to the Advanced menu and find NAT Forwarding.
- Look for the UPnP setting and enable it.
- Then, save all changes and reboot your router.
- Play a game on your Roblox account and see if the Roblox Error 103 still appears.
If you are trying to play Roblox on your Playstation and are running into this error, then try reading our article on How to Change NAT Type on PS5, PS4.
If the error is still happening, you may need to change your initial setup. We have a guide on Aka.ms/XBoxSetup and the settings you need to use. If you controller is the problem, read more to find out why my xbox controller keeps turning off.
If nothing works, then maybe trying playing Roblox on a PS5? (cheeky!)
The Roblox Error Code 103 on Xbox One is usually associated with your account privacy restrictions or settings. Some problems can occur from an underaged child account, content restrictions, and issues with your router settings. Hence, this guide can guide you if you’ve recently experienced this problem on your Xbox One.