Roblox is an online gaming platform where users can play various games made by its online community. The growth of Roblox has increased exponentially since the pandemic began, with more than half of its users ages 9 to 12 years old.
Behind this growth are problems that gamers come across when playing Roblox. For example, some users have encountered Roblox error code 901 on PC and Xbox One. If you have recently experienced the same error code, read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Roblox Error Code 901?
- 2 Possible Reasons for Roblox Error Code 901
- 3 How to Fix Roblox Error Code 901
- 4 Final Thoughts
What is Roblox Error Code 901?
This error is reportedly linked to the game’s server or connection issues. However, Roblox Error Code 901 displays when you are unable to connect to Roblox using your account, so, it may also be account-related.
The following error code is displayed on the screen:
“Authentication Error: Trouble communicating with Roblox Servers. Please try again. Error Code: 901”
Possible Reasons for Roblox Error Code 901
- Server Maintenance – This error is associated with connection issues on Roblox’s game servers. So it might be related to a scheduled server maintenance by Roblox. This is to fix bugs and glitches that are occurring in-game.
- Roblox is Not Updated – It’s necessary to run the latest game files once you launch Roblox, especially when a new update is released. Outdated game files may cause the Roblox Error 901 to appear.
- Unstable Internet Connection – If there are no signs of any server maintenance happening, the problem might be on your end. An unstable internet connection in the game can cause authentication errors, which prevent you from logging into Roblox.
- Corrupted Game Files – All kinds of errors can occur once your current game version is corrupted. Once you have tried all fixes in this guide, the last thing to try is to do a clean reinstall of Roblox and its components.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 901
Since you know all the possible reasons for the Roblox Error Code 901 issue, here are 4 simple solutions to eliminate this problem and help you log in to your Roblox account successfully.
A rule of thumb is to first check the Roblox status page. Once most of its systems are down, there should be ongoing server maintenance. You can also check their social media sites for server updates. Once it’s finally up, log in to your Roblox account and see if the error still exists.
However, if there is no server maintenance taking place, you can try the fixes below. Take note to follow every solution to see which one solves your problem.
Fix #1: Update Roblox
Whether you are playing on Xbox or other platforms, make sure that Roblox is on its latest version. While you are on it, ensure that your Xbox firmware or Steam game launcher are both updated.
To update Roblox on Xbox, do the following:
- Open your Xbox One and go to Settings.
- Then, scroll down to Updates & downloads.
- Under Updates, you will see all pending software and game updates available.
- Once installed, log in to Roblox and see if the Roblox Error Code 901 still appears.
Fix #2: Hard Reset your Xbox One Console
Sometimes, a hard reset on your Xbox One console can solve most in-game problems. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.
- Choose Restart Console.
- Select Restart to confirm.
To physically power cycle your Xbox console, follow these steps:
- Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately ten seconds. The console will automatically turn off.
- Unplug your console and press the power button a few times to drain all remaining power.
- To turn the Xbox console back on, plug the power cord back in and press the Xbox button on the console or your controller.
After following these steps, log in to your Roblox account and see if the issue persists.
Fix #3: Check your Internet Connection
An inconsistent or slow internet connection will cause several errors upon logging in. It includes authentication errors such as the Roblox Error Code 901. Follow these fixes to solve internet-related issues on Roblox.
- Reset your router or modem. Similar to the fix above, resetting your router will eliminate any glitches on your internet connection. You can also try power cycling your router by unplugging it and letting it sit for a few minutes before turning it back on.
- Switch from a Wi-Fi to a wired (Ethernet) connection. Although Wi-Fi provides instant internet connection within its coverage, an Ethernet connection is more reliable and provides a stronger connection to your console or computer.
- Change to another internet network. After trying the methods above, all you can do is try another network and confirm if you can log in properly to Roblox. Mobile network connections can also work but will incur charges on your mobile provider.
We have a similar article for when Facebook says no internet connection which has a few more solutions to try.
Fix #4: Reinstall Roblox
Once you have tried all fixes mentioned so far, the last resort is to do a clean reinstall of Roblox on your console. It will ensure that the latest game version is installed and the game configurations are set on default. To reinstall Roblox on Xbox, do the following:
- From the home screen, go to the Xbox button and select My Games & apps.
- Find Roblox and press the Start button on your controller.
- Select Uninstall from the set of options.
- To uninstall other Roblox clients, go to the Xbox store > Roblox > Uninstall All.
- To reinstall Roblox on your console, go to My Games & apps > Full Library > All Owned Games. It will display all current and previously installed games on your Xbox.
- Select Roblox and click Install All.
Fix #5: Play Roblox in your Browser
There are now sites that allow you to play Roblox in your browser. Check out our article Roblox Now.gg – Roblox in Browser which shows you what to do.
The Roblox Error Code 901 is an authentication error that is caused by several factors. It is a known problem on both PC and Xbox consoles. After checking if there is ongoing server maintenance, you can try the proven methods above, and hopefully will help you in solving this problem.