Among the best and most popular audio streaming services, today is Spotify. It’s available on all mainstream platforms, including macOS, Windows, Linux, and mobile platforms such as Android and iOS. It has 422 million monthly active users in the first quarter of this year alone.
But some users have reported that the Spotify app logged them out. Although this is an annoying issue to handle, it’s possible to encounter this issue, especially when your account is linked to several devices. This guide will show you the most common reasons why Spotify logs out on your device and how to fix it.
Table of Contents
- 1 “Spotify Logged Me Out and I Can’t Log Back In”—Most Common Reasons
- 2 How to Fix the Spotify Logged Me Out Issue
- 3 Final Thoughts
“Spotify Logged Me Out and I Can’t Log Back In”—Most Common Reasons
Getting logged out from the Spotify app is an annoying situation to be in. As mentioned earlier, most reasons why you’re getting logged out are account-related. Here are the most common reasons why you’re getting logged out from Spotify and can’t log back in:
- Account Glitch – To log into your Spotify account properly, your account’s login details must match the server’s side. There are some instances however where it’s necessary to update your account’s password first to solve the log-out issue.
- Signed in on Too Many Devices – Although you can link your premium account to as many devices as you like, there are times when this feature gets buggy due to too many account sign-ins. You can try signing out on other devices that you don’t use and only use the account on your main device and see if this solves the issue.
- Spotify is Blocked in Your Country – Although it’s not known by many, there are specific countries that have blocked Spotify. To be exact, there are 59 countries where this streaming service is unavailable. Click here to know the countries where Spotify is available.
- Outdated Spotify App – Similar to other applications on your phone, you’ll need to update the Spotify App so it can run smoothly. Errors, such as the log-out issue can occur once your account is not updated to the latest version.
We also have a guide on How to Fix Spotify Error Code Auth 73 which is a common error.
How to Fix the Spotify Logged Me Out Issue
Now that you know all the reasons why your account is getting logged out, you can now proceed to the fixes below. Remember to go over them individually to see which one works best for your Spotify account.
Fix #1: Update the Spotify App to Its Latest Version
One quick fix to prevent Spotify from logging you out is to update the Spotify app that’s installed on your computer or smartphone. These updates sometimes contain necessary fixes to bugs that lead to your account being logged out randomly. Updating your Spotify account can depend on the device that you’re using.
- Download the latest version of Spotify on their official website.
- Then, press the keys Win + I to open Windows Settings.
- Select Apps and Features and search for the Spotify app.
- Select Uninstall. Next, launch the downloaded Spotify installer to install the latest Spotify app.
- Once it’s installed, log into your account and see if the issue still exists.
- Download the latest Spotify app for Mac.
- Find the Spotify app on the Finder and drag it into the Trash to uninstall.
- Launch the Spotify installer and install the app.
- Once it’s installed, log into your Spotify account and see if you’re still being logged out.
- Launch the Google Play Store and search for the Spotify app.
- Tap the Update button.
- Once it’s done updating, log into your Spotify account and check if the issue persists.
- Launch the App Store and search for the Spotify app.
- Select the Update button.
- After the update is installed, launch Spotify and log into your account.
- Check if the log-out issue still exists.
Fix #2: Reset the Password of your Spotify Account
As mentioned earlier, you can sometimes experience a glitch between the server and the app once you log in with an old password. Resetting your password will likely solve this problem and give your account added security.
To reset the password for your Spotify account, follow these steps:
- Open your computer’s default browser and go to Spotify’s official website.
- Log into your account by entering all necessary account details.
- Next, click the Change password option on the left side of the screen.
- Enter your current password and input the new password two times. Then, select Set New Password.
- Once done, try logging into your Spotify account through the Spotify app and see if the issue is solved.
Fix #3: Sign Out on All Linked Devices
Although you can link your account to as many devices as you wish, logging it out first from unused devices can solve the Spotify log-out issue. Similar to other mainstream apps, Spotify also has an option to log your account out from all linked devices.
To sign out on your Spotify account from all linked devices, follow the steps below:
- Launch your computer’s default browser and navigate to Spotify’s official website.
- Log into your Spotify account. Then, select the Account Overview option found on the left side of the screen.
- Click Sign Out Everywhere. This will sign your account out of every device or platform where it’s currently logged in.
- Next, log in to your Spotify account using your main device and see if you can log in successfully.
With Spotify, you can listen to various songs, both online and offline. Also, you can link your Spotify account to several devices, however, it will only play one song at a time. But, it’s sometimes possible to get logged out from your Spotify account, especially when using it on the Spotify app.
Hence, these fixes can hopefully help you in solving the Spotify log-out issue. If you’re still having account issues, you can contact Spotify Support for further assistance.