Discovery Plus, also known as Discovery+, is a streaming service managed by Warner Bros. Discovery. First launched in 2021, the streaming platform focused on delivering Discovery’s main content library, including some partner channels. Discovery+ is available on various streaming devices, including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and many more.
However, some PlayStation users have asked, “is Discovery Plus on PlayStation?” or “is Discovery Plus on PS4 and PS5?”. This guide will show you how to stream Discovery Plus on PS5 using different streaming methods.
Read on to know more.
Table of Contents
Can You Watch Discovery+ on PlayStation?
Unfortunately, consoles such as the PS4 and PS5 cannot access Discovery Plus through the Discovery+ app. Unlike other streaming devices, the streaming service has not yet launched an app for PlayStation consoles. So, the hopes for having a potential Discovery Plus PS4 app and Discovery Plus PS5 app are still unpromising. If you are willing to compromise and have a smart TV, we have an article which shows you how to get Discovery Plus on your Smart TV.
But, besides opting for other streaming devices, you can still try to stream Discovery Plus on your PS4 or PS5 using the methods below.
How to Stream Discovery Plus on PS4 and PS5
Though the Discovery+ app is not yet available on both PS4 and PS5 consoles, you can still try these methods. If you have an existing Discovery+ subscription and a stable Wi-Fi connection, proceed to the steps below to stream Discovery Plus on PS4 and PS5.
Method #1: Via the Secret Web Browser
Unbeknownst to PlayStation 4 and 5 users, the console has its built-in secret web browser. You can do multiple tasks with it, including accessing the web version of streaming platforms like Discovery Plus.
To stream Discovery Plus on PS4 and PS5 via the secret web browser, follow these steps:
- Turn on your PlayStation console and ensure it’s connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
- Navigate to Settings > Users and Accounts and select Link with Other Services.
- Choose Twitter and select Link Account. A web browser will now show up on the screen.
- Select the Twitter icon on the webpage. Then, visit Discovery Plus’ official website.
- Log in to your Discovery Plus account and start streaming your desired content.
Method #2: Screencast from your Android or iOS Device via the Web Video Caster App
Another method you can try to stream Discovery Plus on PS4 and PS5 is by screen casting the content to your console using your Android or iOS device via the Web Video Caster app.
First, ensure that your PS5 and smartphone or tablet are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and the PlayStation app is downloaded on your device. It’s available for free on both Google Play and the App Store.
Then, follow the steps below:
- Download the Web Video Caster app on your smartphone or tablet. You can download it for free via the Google Play Store and the App Store.
- Turn on your console and connect it to the same wireless network as your phone or tablet.
- Launch the PlayStation app on your device and log in to your PlayStation Network account.
- Send the following link to yourself via PS Messages: http://cast2tv.app.
- Press the PS button on the controller and select Game Base.
- Choose View All Parties and open the message under the Parties menu. A web browser will now appear.
- Enter the code from the app and select Connect. You can now start casting content from your device to your console.
- Next, navigate to the Discovery+ app and browse your desired movie or show using your phone. It will now be cast through the web browser window.
Although this doesn’t allow you to cast via fullscreen, you can still pin the browser window to your desired side of the screen while you’re in-game or doing other tasks on the console. Also, you can control the content being played using your phone or tablet.
Discovery Plus is one of the most popular streaming platforms today. You can watch Discovery’s content library and partner channels through the Discovery+ app. Unlike other streaming devices, however, the app is not yet available on PS4 and PS5 consoles.
Hence, this guide hopefully helps you to watch Discovery Plus on your PS4 or PS5 using the methods above. If you find it hard to watch through screen casting or a web browser, you can use other supported streaming devices instead.