Now that Discovery Plus is available, documentary fans may fulfill a lifelong goal. We know you’re eager to begin using our streaming service, and we’re here to provide any assistance you may need.
So, let’s speak about how to watch Discovery Plus on a TV, and we’ll cover a variety of popular smart TV manufacturers. Now, here is all you must know.
Table of Contents
How Do I Get Discovery Plus On My Smart Tv?
Remember that Discovery+ is only compatible with 2017 and newer Samsung TVs. There is no currently accessible list of compatible TV models, but we anticipate widespread availability, especially on more recent models. The following are the steps you take to initiate this process.
- Subscribe to Discovery Plus online. To join, follow the link and click “Start Free Trial.” Choose a subscription level, sign up, and enter your payment details. Come back to your Samsung TV whenever you’re done.
- Select ‘App’ on your TV Home Screen. The next step is to look for Discovery Plus using the search bar. The app’s description may be viewed after clicking its icon.
- Tap Add to Home to add the app to your TV. It won’t take more than a few minutes for the app to download and set up on your smart TV.
- Last, launch Discovery Plus, enter your credentials and follow the on-screen instructions. So long!
How Do I Stream Discovery Plus on My Sony Android TV?
For Sony TVs, Android TVs are the only ones where you can get Discovery Plus (version 5.0 or newer). To begin using Discovery Plus on Sony TVs, as shown below, you will need access to Google’s Play Store.
- Before installing the app, you must sign up for a Discovery+ membership. To join the free trial, visit the streaming service’s website at discoveryplus.com. Select a plan, sign up for an account, and submit payment.
- Go ahead and switch on your Sony TV again. Navigate to the Google Play Store and click on the app’s icon. After that, type “Discovery Plus” into your computer’s top search box. Once the app’s icon appears in the search results, tap on it to open it. The app’s main screen should now load.
- Then, choose either “Install” or “Get,” depending on your Android TV version.
- Launch the app after it has finished loading. Follow the on-screen prompts to activate your brand-new Discovery Plus account.
If you have any issues with your TV after this process, please see our article on what to do if your Sony TV won’t turn on.
How To Stream Discovery Plus on a Fire OS TV from Toshiba or Insignia
Amazon’s Fire OS runs on several different televisions from Toshiba and Insignia. As a result, if you own a Fire TV Edition television, you may still access Discovery Plus by following these instructions.
Please remember to sign up for Discovery Plus first. In this bullet point, we’ve included a link that will take you directly to the streaming service’s homepage. Follow the on-screen instructions after clicking “Start Free Trial” to sign up for a membership.
- Navigate back to the Home Screen of your Toshiba. Go up and then far to the left on your browser. There’s a search bar (it looks like a magnifying glass) to help you locate certain apps. Go ahead and click on that image.
- If you look for “Discovery Plus” in a search engine, you should find a link to the app’s official website. After opening an app’s summary, choosing “Get” will install it.
- Launch the app after it has finished loading. Enter your login information by following the on-screen prompts.
We have another article that may help if you have a Toshiba TV – What to Do if Your Toshiba Fire TV Remote Is Not Working. If you are considering an Insignia TV, you may be interested in our article; Is Insignia a Good Brand?
Get Discovery Plus on TCL and Hisense Roku TV-Enabled TVs
A handful of TCL and Hisense TVs are Roku TV-enabled, giving you access to the extensive Roku channel catalog. And, yeah, Discovery Plus is included in that group; now, here’s what you should do.
- Obtaining a Discovery Plus subscription will make this procedure much easier. You may access the streaming service’s website by clicking the link given. To get started, select “Start Free Trial,” then register by following the on-screen instructions.
- After that, head back to your TCL TV. The Streaming Channels menu may be accessed by pressing the “Home” button and then selecting the “Select” button on the left side of the screen. You’ll want to find the option labeled “Search Channels” and click on it.
- Search for Discovery Plus on your screen. To tune into this channel, click its name when it appears on the screen. After that, all you have to do to get this app on your TV is click the “Add Channel” button.
- Ultimately, head back to the TV Home Screen. Launch the Discovery Plus app and enter your login information following the on-screen prompts. So long!
Is It Possible To Stream Discovery Plus With A Chromecast or Apple TV?
Discovery Plus works with mobile devices using Google’s Chromecast or Apple’s AirPlay. So long as your TV is compatible with one of these screen-casting technologies, you may stream Discovery+ shows directly from your mobile device. The procedure is outlined below.
- Get a Discovery Plus subscription. Get a subscription immediately if you don’t already have one. Visit the Discovery Plus website and locate the “Start Free Trial” option.
- Next, get the Discovery Plus app for your iOS device (iPhone, iPad) or Android mobile device (smartphone, tablet). Discovery+ may be downloaded and installed through the iOS App Store or the Play Store on your device or by following the links given. Remember to launch the app and sign in.
- Before we go on to the last step, a quick reminder: your TV and smartphone/tablet must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for screen-casting to operate. It would help if you verified that your TV is linked to your home network’s Wi-Fi.
- Open Discovery Plus on your phone/tablet. After then, you can begin playing whatever you choose. At this point, a recording icon for your screen should appear in the top right area. You may start watching the episode or movie you’ve selected by tapping this button and selecting your TV.
How Do I Get Discovery Plus On My Smart TV FAQs
Q1. Do Smart TVs have Discovery Plus?
Ans: What mobile platforms offer access to Discovery Plus? Discovery Plus is available for streaming on various devices, including Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One, Chromecast, iOS and Android mobile devices, and web browsers.
Q2. Where do I go to sign up for Discovery Plus?
Ans: What you need to know about getting Discovery+ If you’re want a subscription, you can go to discoveryplus.com or get the app for your phone, tablet, or smart TV. You can watch commercials for free or pay $4.99 a month to remove them.
Q3. Where can I find a free trial of Discovery Plus?
Ans: Select TimesPrime from Flipkart, then select the Discovery+ banner to get a discount code for a free three-month trial. If you set up an account, selecting “Take me to Discovery Plus” will take you there.
By now, you must know how to get discovery plus on your smart tv. Here, I conclude my article. I hope you find this article valuable. For more informative articles, stay tuned!