Twitch is a live streaming platform where viewers can watch various forms of entertainment. The most popular ones include live esports competitions, music broadcasts, IRL or In-Real-Life streams, and many more. As a viewer, you can also interact through chat rooms and steamer donations.
However, you cannot watch Twitch on your PlayStation or Xbox console and Android phone without activating your Twitch account first. The activation steps can also vary depending on the device. In this guide, we’ll show you how you can activate Twitch through www.twitch.tv/activate.
Note: We have a few other activation guides, eg how to activate ballysports.com.
Table of Contents
How to Create a Twitch TV Account
Twitch users are required to make an account first before streaming content on their devices. Not only can you chat using a unique username, but you can also personalize your favorite streamers by subscribing to them.
Here’s how you can create your own Twitch TV account:
- Go to Twitch.TV’s official website.
- Click the Sign Up button on the top-right corner of the screen, next to the Log In button.
- Enter your login details (username, password, date of birth, and phone number).
- Your phone number will first receive a unique code before it is verified.
- If your phone number is not working, you can also use your email account. Click the Use email instead button and enter your email address on the field.
- Once you’re done, click the Sign Up button.
- You have now created your Twitch user account. Take note of your username and password as they will be used to access your Twitch account.
How to Activate Twitch TV on PlayStation
Activating your Twitch account on a PlayStation console will require you to install the Twitch App via the PlayStation Store. You will also need an active Twitch account and a different device to log in to your account and receive the activation code.
To activate Twitch TV on PlayStation, follow these steps:
- Open your PlayStation console and go to the PlayStation Store.
- Search for the Twitch App and install it.
- Once it’s installed, open the Twitch App and log in to your Twitch account using your login details.
- You will now see a six-digit code on your display. This will serve as your activation code; save it as you will need it on the next step.
- On a different device, open your default browser and go to https://twitch.tv/activate.
- Sign in to your Twitch account and enter the six-digit code you saw on the console’s Twitch App.
- Click Activate. Your Twitch TV account is now activated on your PlayStation console. You can now watch and stream content through your PlayStation’s Twitch App.
Note: The steps above can be applied to all PlayStation editions, such as PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, etc.
How to Activate Twitch TV on Xbox
Activating your Twitch TV app on Xbox is similar to activating it on a PlayStation console. It requires you to have an active Twitch account and another smart device to enter the activation code into. Also, these steps can be applied to various Xbox editions, including Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Series X, and others.
To activate Twitch TV on Xbox using twitch.tv/activate, do the following:
- Open your Xbox console and go to the Microsoft Store.
- Search for the Twitch App for Xbox and install it.
- Open the Twitch App and Log In to your Twitch account.
- Here, you will receive your Xbox activation code. Take note of it as you will enter this in the next step.
- Using another device, open its default browser and go to https://twitch.tv/activate, and log in to your Twitch account.
- Enter the six-digit activation code that you saw on your Xbox’s Twitch App.
- Select Activate. Twitch TV is now activated on your Xbox console. You can now stream and watch Twitch content on your Xbox.
How to Activate Twitch TV on Android
It’s quite convenient to watch various content on a portable device such as an Android phone. As long as your phone can connect to a wireless network and has enough internal memory, you can install and activate Twitch TV.
To activate Twitch TV on an Android device, follow these steps:
- Use your phone’s default browser and go to Twitch TV’s official website.
- Click Sign Up to create a new Twitch account.
- Enter your preferred login details such as username, password, and phone number. Remember to use a working mobile number as it will be needed to activate your Twitch TV account.
- If your phone number is not working, you can use your email account instead. Click the Use email instead button and enter your email address on the field.
- Enter the six-digit verification code that you received on your phone number or email address into the empty field.
- Click Submit to verify the code and click Done to confirm.
- Your Twitch account should now be verified.
- Next, download the Twitch App on the Google Play Store and Install it.
- Login to your verified Twitch account. You can now stream various content and interact with other Twitch users through chat rooms.
Roku has removed the Twitch channel from its list of available channels, but we have a guide (of course!) that shows how to watch Twitch on Roku.
Twitch is a great platform where you can watch, interact, and stream creative content. Also, you can use Twitch TV through several consoles and devices—like PlayStation, Xbox, and Android phones—via the Twitch App. However, it requires you to have an activated Twitch account to make this work.
Hence, this guide will help you go over the different activation steps when using Twitch on a different device other than your computer.