The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a mainstream streaming device that allows you to easily access an array of streaming services. Besides connecting it directly to your smart TV, you may also want to know how to cast to Firestick from your other devices, like smartphones and computers.
This guide will show you how to cast to FireStick from your Android, iPhone, PC, or Mac device. Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
Can You Cast to FireStick?
Yes, you can use your Fire TV Stick as a casting device when trying to watch content on your TV from your smartphone or computer. It’s a handy tool when your smart TV doesn’t support casting.
It won’t require installing third-party apps on your Fire Stick, except when casting content from Apple devices.
How to Cast to FireStick from an Android, iPhone, PC, or Mac Device
When your smart TV doesn’t support casting, you can use your Fire Stick as a casting device. Below are the steps to cast content to your Fire Stick from an Android, iPhone, PC, or Mac device. Depending on the device, you may need to follow different casting steps.
Important: Make sure to connect your Fire TV Stick and smartphone or computer to the same Wi-Fi network to avoid connection errors.
Cast to Fire TV Stick from Your Android Device
- Turn on your smart TV with the Fire Stick connected.
- Press the Home button on the Fire TV remote for three seconds.
- Choose Mirroring. You will now see the Display Mirroring screen.
- On your Android phone, go to Settings and make sure that the Cast or Screen Mirroring feature is enabled.
- Next, swipe down from your screen to open the Notification Panel.
- Tap SmartView and select your Fire TV device from the list of devices.Note: Depending on your Android device, the casting feature may be named Cast, Screencast, Screen Sharing, or Smart Mirroring.
- Select Start Now to begin casting. After a few moments, the display of your Android device will be cast to your Fire Stick.
Cast to Fire Stick from Your iPhone or iPad
Since direct casting from your iPhone or iPad is not yet supported by Fire Stick devices, you’ll need to download the AirScreen app. It’s a free third-party app that you can use to scan for Android and Apple devices.
To install the AirScreen app on your Fire Stick device and use it to cast content from your iPhone or iPad, follow these steps:
- Switch on your Fire Stick and navigate to Find > Search.
- Input the keyword airscreen and select it from the search results.
- Choose the AirScreen app under the Apps and Games section, and select Get.
- Launch the app and go to Settings > AirPlay. Ensure that this feature is enabled.
- To cast iPhone to FireStick, navigate to Help > iOS > AirPlay.
- On your iPhone, swipe up from the bottom to open the Control Center.
- Tap Screen Mirroring and select the device name AS-AFTMM[AirPlay]. You can rename your Firestick if you want to.
- Your iPhone’s display will now be mirrored to your Fire Stick.
We go into more detail with the Airscreen App in our article: How to Screen Mirror iPhone to Firestick.
Cast to FireStick from Your Mac Device
- With your Fire TV Stick device switched on, launch the AirScreen app.
- Go to Help > macOS and select AirPlay. Once you’re ready to cast content from your computer’s browser window, select Cast from the options on the right panel.
- Turn on your Mac device and select the Control Center icon from the menu bar.
- Choose Screen Mirroring and select the device name AS-AFTMM[AirPlay].
- Your Mac’s display will now be mirrored to your Fire Stick device.
Casting to FireStick from PC (Windows)
- Turn on your Fire Stick device. Then, press and hold the Home button on the Fire TV remote for three seconds. You will now see the Display Mirroring menu.
- Select Mirroring. Next, switch on your Windows PC or laptop, and select the Notification icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Choose Expand and click the Connect tile.
- Select your Fire TV device from the list of devices. When setting up the projection mode, you’ll choose between three options:
- Duplicate – mirrors the PC or laptop display
- Second screen only – switches off your PC or laptop’s display and assigns the Fire Stick as the active display
- Extend – uses your Fire Stick display as a second monitor for your PC or laptop
- To cast content normally, select Duplicate. Your PC or laptop’s screen will now be mirrored to your Fire Stick.
If you would like to do the reverse, and cast from a PC or Mac to your Fire Stick, please read our detailed guide on setting up a Fire Stick Laptop combo.
Amazon Fire TV Sticks are great streaming devices with a variety of features. Besides using it for streaming, you can also cast to it from your other devices. However, casting from your smartphone or computer to your Fire Stick can be challenging, especially when doing it for the first time.
Hopefully, this guide helps you successfully cast to your Fire Stick from your Android, iPhone, PC, or Mac devices.